• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Music is subjective. Like movies. And food. And clothes. When I hear someone say, definitively, that they hate a certain genre of music, or that they don't like a certain artist, and then try to convince me of their hate, I laugh a little bit inside. "Bro, I don't give a **** what you hate - I like it."

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah, knew that about V&R but had no clue about marni!!
im too young to have experienced margiela in its heyday but ive seen remnants. the og gats to the duvet coat are both considered grails. im not sure if V&R ever produced anything grail-worthy :eek:
if we take a walk(pun intended) into the baller sneaker thread we can see how bad the margiela sneakers have become since diesel bought them out.
theres still a bunch of stuff id buy/wear from margiela nowadays but its not the same (again, just from what ive seen/handled)
also, renzo sort of forced margiela out of the company, correct? maybe customers have a hard time forgiving that

Well, Diesel is in the picture since 2002 so they can't be that bad... The thing is that Margiela is a designer's designer
2122.png
, when you remove him you remove the ideas so it becomes and empty shell, then you inject cash so it becomes a beautiful shell on steroids, but it's still empty so after a while it starts eating itself. It's messy.

At least that's how it's perceived, and in the end that's all that matters. Nobody cares about V&R very much.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

What makes the shirt so ******* nice?

i thought it was two different color oxford fabrics (blue and grey), but it's actually a herringbone marled knit made to look for oxford cloth, double-faced. cashmere soft.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wearing nice knit... going to dinner later at a spot where my clothes will invariably smell like cooking meat for days after. :foo:

Korean bbq? I made the mistake of bringing a wool jacket inside once and had to hang it in the backyard for days afterwards.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who ever my secret santa on the swap is that got me a TOJ V2 shirt is AWESOME!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
teger that shirt looks rad. need fit pics.

Music is subjective. Like movies. And food. And clothes. When I hear someone say, definitively, that they hate a certain genre of music, or that they don't like a certain artist, and then try to convince me of their hate, I laugh a little bit inside. "Bro, I don't give a **** what you hate - I like it."

damn, i agree with moo. never thought i'd see the day.

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but this originated when someone said that A$AP's song is ****. Noone's forcing anyone not to like it so I don't get where all this defensive stuff is coming from. Then there's the obligatory "Just get drunk and smoke a joint and **** bitches..." Mikey post.

because everyone who doesn't like Ke$ha is a ******* square apparently.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a message from charly asking what size I want... Whoever is my guy is will be getting some Schneider and some awesome drawing/writing utensils
upload pics in the thread man!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I should take one. it's a little small in the collar, but not really uncomfortable or anything. will see what a size larger shirt fits like.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah but this originated when someone said that A$AP's song is ****. Noone's forcing anyone not to like it so I don't get where all this defensive stuff is coming from. Then there's the obligatory "Just get drunk and smoke a joint and **** bitches..." Mikey post.
because everyone who doesn't like Ke$ha is a ******* square apparently.

it started because people said that asap should be killed because of how bad the song is. which is ridiculous. my original post may not have been phrased how i would have liked, but if you don't like it thats fine, but i hate when people act like people who do like it are "idiots."

also, **** you noob for bringing this into another thread.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
that shirt looks like something vibskov put out a few seasons back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads