• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Don't, we're close to saturation level.

Heattech sucks. All merino everything.

Junya duck boots have noodles soles

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda want to kop the SS cardi that jet rocked. It was cool but its been mulling around in my head.
But its kinda a little above my non-yohji wardrobes quality level.
frown.gif
SS gels with yohji very well! doesn't have to fall under 'non yohji' wardrobe, although it's hard to combine a normal wardrobe with yohji, when you wear one piece of yohji that doesn't necessitate the rest of your outfit being yohji too (but it helps).

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bene, are you positively determined to arrive at a full-on Yohji wardrobe? There's nothing at all wrong with that, but sometimes I wonder if you might be fixating on that look to the detriment of your other clothes. You had a relaxed suit fit recently (I think it was navy?), and it looked really good - maybe one of my favorites from you. I only mention this because you seem to mention Yohji very frequently, and I think you could still wear your other stuff well if you don't force non-Yohji clothes into Yohji-esque fits. Just my 0.02.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't get the waffle ones, but i find them not incredibly comfortable, and not much warmer than my plokhov cotton ones. they're impressively thin though.

They're thin enough that you can wear them under pants and it feels like wearing nothin' at all! They do have quite a synthetic feel though, I agree.

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of merino long john knickers? I don't really enjoy wearing full long johns usually. Or, at least, what brand merino long johns do you all prefer?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
APK said:
...Full House...Uncle Jessie...

Alright, dude...so based on your advice I tried to force my own Proustian moment with this show, but there were no fond memories, no flood of nostalgia -- only the lame realization that Full House might be the absolute nadir of western civilization.

Still, I must salute you, as I was able to have some luck with Charles in Charge. :slayer:

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's obviously some of my glam roots still lingering though, and I don't really want to lose that.
I also don't think my style is very close to SZ hegemony, and if I posted that fit there it would probably be confirmed. That said, there's certainly a bit of influence from those brands, but I don't own nor do I wish to own most of the stuff discussed there.

It's entirely fair to accuse SZ of missing this but many of those brands are filthy with glam. Rick Owens explicitly and many other likes Ann Dem and CdG barely less so.

Last edited:

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In fact missing the humor, theatricality and playfulness within the best of these brands is probably the biggest sin of that site.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, I'm aware of the glam influences of those brands :eek: But there's not much to take from SZ with regards to those elements.

Yeah fair enough. Basically what I was saying in my last post. Its a real shame that the first google result for a lot of those brands is so humorless.

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goth Ninja RPG Strategy Guide Part I: General Gameplay and Classes

I'm hoping that authoring a new strategy guide will create a dialogue about gameplay so some of the noobs stop being total kooks.

One of the things which makes Goth Ninja difficult is intentional obfuscation of the rules - Goth Ninjas are intentionally vague about how the game is played because there is a capped maximum amount of exp that exists in the game at one time. That means if lower level players level up then higher level players lose exp. Sharing information about Goth Ninja also hurts individual players working one of the major leveling activities: kopping high-tier items from new brands before they are discovered.

While there are plenty of retail sites where people kop GN gear, a lot of people play Goth Ninja by cruising the AH for deals. High level players have honed their skills using the AH. They utilize stylezeitgeist.com classifieds, styleforum.com classifieds, global.rakuten.com, ebay.com, ebay.uk, ebay.de, etc. You can also find ******, leftover loot on Yoox... Yoox is the leftover loot from other instances and sometimes you can find high-level items but when you do you usually can't get as good a discount on them because they are likely to get snatched up quick by other players.

One of the biggest accomplishments in Goth Ninja is to acquire a grail. That is, the first time a low level character acquires a high-level piece of loot. Having acquired a grail shows that you're a dedicated character and you've probably dedicated some time to your class. A lot of Goth Ninjas claim that they grind to achieve their grail. There's also a guide which talks about this.[8] Sometimes this is true, some people save up for a longer time in order to kop 1 piece that they are dying to have. But like in other MMOs, a lot of the high level players got there with the help of Chinese gold farmers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads