1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Depending on the number of people and the restaurants POS system, this can be a real pain in the ass.

I think the real lesson here is always dine alone.

9 people like this.
  2. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

LifeHack: Always eat alone and just shout your order at the kitchen so then you don't have to tip anyone because hey, they didn't do any work, right?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    31 people like this.
  3. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I don't go out to eat with big groups super often but I do go to bars. With certain friends, I'll get the first round of drinks and then they just won't reciprocate. It's bad enough with a $10-$12 drink, but no way am I picking up a $150 restaurant tab. Obviously not everyone is like this.

I used to smoke, too, though, and there was definitely sort of a brotherhood among other friends that smoked.

2 people like this.
  4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

KJ's buying the first round of jawnz.

7 people like this.
  5. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

So how have things gone down when SF bros have met for drinks or dinner irl ? I want some deets!!!

6. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

I know for SF meet ups you just pay for your own shit.

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

nobody eats at those things everyone just kind of stares at the floor and mumbles to themselves.

4 people like this.
  8. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

my stuff from a kind of guise finally arrived after 2 weeks!

Fit's perrrrrrrrfeeeeeect! Material is really nice. Really nice stuff and if anyone out there is still thinking about it.. Go for it! When i'm free one of these days i've gotta take a fit pic :)

1 person likes this.
  9. MS007

MS007 Senior member

lol @shah, trying to break the tipping streak. You shall have my 2 cents (see what I did there ? See it?)

Unless the designed object develops some objectively comprehensible different meaning, I would say: yes, the maker has that right. Dumb example: some 19th century drawing of a politician with his slaves could have been originally meant to display some qualities of said politician, but would be interpreted in a much broader context today.

[​IMG]

Thats one way to define consumer, I would say.

I agree. Critics also take the narrative and run with it, because its easy. In-depth criticism of almost anything requires a lot of time and work and if you want to write something fast a narrative provides you a guidance to structure your criticism. Are people really surprised about pop-up labels?

that last part of your post is the most interesting in my opinion. I believe that most designers do not have a clear cut vision of the way consumers should use their products. I think the whole notion of "This is not meant to be worn that way" may apply to traditional clothing (CM) and provides the consumer with the security of doing things right, but goes inherently against the idea of a dynamic design process. The consumer is not just following an instruction manual, but takes that process a step further.

Runway shows kind of force a designer to project an image of how they want their clothing to be worn, but historically that is a reaction to shows from huge department stores, which basically denied designers their own identity. I don't think any designer envisions its show/lookbook as a way to dictate how their clothing needs to be worn.

Also, I think everyone who likes thinking about these questions would thoroughly enjoy reading Sontags Against Interpretation!

__________________________________________​

Americans also eat children and are assholes in general. I think its ok, though, as long as its only american children.

1 person likes this.
  10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

All snow has to do for the tip is beam at the waitress

1 person likes this.
  11. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

[​IMG]

Isn't there supposed to be cashmere or leather content at these prices? What gives? And why are people buying?

EDIT: pic isn't showing up when I check "import"

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  12. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

dat tricolor placket

13. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

i think ssense made a pricing mistake

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

make sure you tip on the original price though.

5 people like this.
  15. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Started my new job yesterday, put it on LinkedIn and I've already got sales people messaging me about switching platforms to their product.

Fuck sales people.

16. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Your fault for using LinkedIn bro

2 people like this.
  17. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

LinkedIn's awesome when you're looking for work though.

18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

They're a beast - they've got a new campus being built up so fast. And legions of interns only doing CRM.

19. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

LinkedIn is great wtf

1 person likes this.
  20. click here

click here Senior member

I have sent out an uninsured package (worth $430) from Australia back to an US online store. It's now been 3 weeks and they still have not received it. Would it be safe to say that they have loss it now? What can I do about this? I still have the receipt and article.

What annoys me is I have sent out many packages worldwide and of course they had to lose the package worth the most money. FML!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.