1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

Barely into my twenties, and the change in the image SLP evokes already feels too old for me to even consider a classic piece, especially with the recent f/w womens collection. shit I ain't even a female.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Is it expected that I tip coffee shop workers? They don't even fill the coffee at the place I usually go, just hand me a cup.

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

if you're just grabbing a to go cup and you have to fill it, no, although something is nice. if you're getting a latte/cappi/mocha/whatever or are hanging out there/using the wifi/etc, yes. you tip your bartender, right? a barista really isn't much different. even like $0.50 in the tip jar does not go unnoticed, trust me.

5 people like this.
  4. Grove

Grove Senior member

SI has been a 'football casual' staple since the mid 80's and has been widely stocked through official stockists throughout the UK, plus their own stores which opened late 90's IIRC.
    No doubt the brand carries stigma over here but it has nothing to do with neo Nazi's and I doubt SI could afford to pull out even if they wanted to.

1 person likes this.
  5. colabear

colabear Senior member

SNOW DAY!!

I wanna do a snow angel in the snow but only with my d_ck

1 person likes this.
  6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Which is why they pulled out 10ish years ago, as an attempt to rebrand them self and get away from the stigma, they are back now though.

There is a strong correlation between hooligans and nazis and it's not uncommon for the two to be one, Lazio's fans are specially known for this, try watching The Real Football Factories.

7. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

To my knowledge SI never pulled out of the UK although 4 Marketing who look after SI and CP in the UK were always keen to distance themselves from the football casual following the brands had. Unsuccessfully I might add.

Also to equate football casual culture with Nazis/neo Nazis is far far too broad a brushstroke - particularly in the UK. I would never see someone in SI and think Nazi, I would always think football casual although the brand has lost a lot of cachet in recent years.

8. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

anyone have any experience with kamakura tokyo slim fit shirts? thinking about getting a few spread collar shirts but not sure if i should get 14.5 or 15.

9. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

shirts are really slim, esp across front chest. I went up a size from my usual Brooks Bros size.

10. Grove

Grove Senior member

What do you mean back now? Stone Island has always been available through official stockists and later through their own shops since it's inception. They never left.

You are correct regarding European right wing ultras like Lazio but it's not the case in England. The culture is very different over here. Hooliganism, although tribal, is a pastime/culture and 99.9999999999999% non political. How they dress and where they shop is a huge part of it. Shops like Stewarts, End and OiPoloi wouldn't exist without them.

11. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Picking from random, fashion, and thought, I submit that your post only concerns itself with one of these words.

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Question for those who have done or attempted this before: Is it possible to dye a gray rubber vibram sole to a jet black, without it fading or scuffing away?

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I'm 100% sure, I have it in writing that they left the Uk for a while.

Like I said theres a correlation between the two and if you read up on the subject it's actually not as uncommon as one might think.

I think a lot of fascists, neo nazis and ultra right wings "hide" under the casuals label.

16. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Is there any current info as to how Dayton is working/putting out products? I still want a pair of service boots, but I don't want to wait half a year to get them, or get them and have them be awfully finished.

17. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

save yourself the trouble. they are really heavy

18. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

so...

my dad was a musician for about 20 years, and he recently came across some old footage from some of his performances in the Virgin Islands.

I just discovered this in a clip from 1981:

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Sephora carrying the MMM fragrances online now. Need to be a "very important beauty insider" to purchase... (spend $350 a year).

20. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

What fit of Brooks Bros? Extra slim?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.