1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

it's overpriced but the quality is pretty decent. good quality mother of pearl buttons, fabrics are nice, cuts are modern and basic. i used to think the logo was whimsical but a lot of the products out there are really trying to milk it

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. APK

APK Senior member

IIRC, superego has a pretty massive frame, so I'd suspect that's the biggest cause of his stagnation. I'm in a similar position where a lot of aesthetics appeal to me, but I often have to remain a sideline viewer because some of the stuff isn't flattering on me or plain ol' doesn't fit. Like, I can really appreciate what a label such as Schneider does, but I can't do so with my dollars, because the shirting and trousers are generally too trim. And it's not a relatively simple thing like, "Lose weight, dummy." Some of this stuff just doesn't jive with certain builds, and that's not even an allusion to being "so swole, brah" (sup jet).

There comes a point where you have to make peace with appreciating the look of a particular label or silhouette while knowing it's not really suited for you. When you DO find some labels that work for your body type, it's easier to justify spending more money on them (if necessary), because you'll actually probably get a good amount of use out of it. I guess maybe look at the silver lining that because of sizing limitations, you'll probably end up with a smaller wardrobe where most of the stuff is getting good use, instead of the guy who ends up with a massive closet of cool shit, but only wears a fraction of those items with any frequency.

5 people like this.
  3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Get a uniform and then focus on accessories, which really tell your story. Your choice of footwear, jewelry, belts, are independent of your physique and really show your mind's world.

2 people like this.
  4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

3 people like this.
  5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Lol. Well, clearly, belts are important, but footwear, hats, scarves, bracelets, lanyards, etc., all matter. Even wallets. The guy wearing a Valextra electric blue bracelet is not the same guy who wears a Flathead S-clasp. The guy with mspc carabiner is not the guy in a Canali suit.

1 person likes this.
  6. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I used to wear belts all the time, until I realized that they often make me look bulkier in the midsection (especially the chunky tanner goods belts I own). Though a nice dress belt when I've tucked in my shirt is a different story

7. Donut

Donut Senior member

I know SF isn't big on Supreme but the new collection is really good. Haven't liked a collection in so long.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    + kung fu jacket and a couple of crushers look good.

3 people like this.
  8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Looks like KL has closed down Boylston Trading Co. Guess they have better luck selling cheap streetwear brands than luxury fashion goods.

9. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

the kung fu jacket and work trench are definitely my favorites of the collection. as you said some crushers looked good as well, i really like these
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. 5354

5354 Senior member

You missed the Ed Hardy/True Religion phase

11. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Asians never wore Ed Hardy

12. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Fuck. The sleeve of my viridi-anne coat ripped at the seam. Anyone know of a new york tailor who can make it look brand new?

13. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

stop eating so much

wouldnt happen if u werent getting fat

jk, sorry to hear that bro

2 people like this.
  14. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

internet making me do dumb shit. I've been looking around for a good pair of tan suede workboots, a la red wing ironworks, oak streets, aldens, but for some reason I think the only kind I'd be satisfied with would be a pair of visvms. I go through this process with anything I think of buying, from t-shirts to sweaters to anything. I find a single piece which I like, and pretty soon from looking at what's out there I realize that the only example of that style that I think looks "right" just happens to cost the most money. I was thinking about a charcoal or grey
    bedford, and then in a little bit I discovered paul harnden and now eg just doesn't look right. On the flipside, several things I've bought from thrift stores, like a basic dickies jacket, happens to be a really satisfying piece. None of this would matter if I had a lot of money and could afford to experiment freely with my clothing choices, but the reality is that I can't afford to make many mistakes with this shit. Then, I look around at kids who look pretty good in basic stuff like the socal surfer brands and wonder why I'm making such a big deal about it, why not just go with the flow.

Bottom line, I wish I could go back to when I was stoked about american apparel shit in high school, but there's no going back now.

1 person likes this.
  15. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

for my fellow Chicago SFers, any cobbler recommendations?

16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

This isn't necessarily a bad thing - not usually a good idea to get an approximation of something you truly want.

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

@ShoutOutsFoMyBo i think what you are describing is happiness

are you happy?

also,

#stopthinkingsomuch

1 person likes this.
  18. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

the title of my upcoming poetry book

13 people like this.
  19. jet

jet Senior member

Hermes belt buckles look stupid as fuck and the people who wear them think they're on some next level tip.

10 people like this.
  20. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

reminds me of:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.