• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well yes, while riding my bike. Not as a fashion accessory
Hah I know, I'm not that stupid, but figured you should always look you best
fing02[1].gif

(but srsly though, I wasn't serious, just found it fun that Wang had made a bike-lock
peepwall[1].gif
)

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hah I know, I'm not that stupid, but figured you should always look you best 
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

(but srsly though, I wasn't serious, just found it fun that Wang had made a bike-lock 
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif
)

sometimes less talk is for the better.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
considering the quality level of many of his recent posts it was in no way apparent that it was a joke.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
ya! you meanies!

lol sup bradley

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

considering the quality level of many of his recent posts it was in no way apparent that it was a joke.

What is this trend mentioning posts I've made that are "low quality", like 3rd time this week?

Really thought it was an obvious joke :/

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yep it's a mini-community revolving around buying stuff from a store. their mascot is NYR. mike will post a very simple v-neck sweater and they're like "HOLY **** MAN I JUST **** MONKEY BALLS AND CAME ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ANYONE EVER COMBINED A WOOL IN SUCH AN ORGASMIC WAY.. GOOD. *******. GOD!!!!!!"
i love mauro (and am wearing a wvg shirt as i type this) but that thread sucks too

hm sounds like another thread i know of involving leather jackets...

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been trying to lock down my footwear game lately and this is what i decided was 'necessary'. Your results may vary. Did I miss anything?

Boots
1 x mid-height lace up - black (augusta, carpe/wjk, buttero, guidi, etc)
1x side-zip - black (carpe/wjk, mmm, ndc, ccp, etc)
1x side-zip grey or brown (^)
1x some form of white/offwhite - (kind of superfluous)

Shoes
1x 'nice' shoe - black (cp wedge sole, raf/jil derby, etc)
1x grungy derby - black/grey (10 seiwhateverthefuck, moma, andrew mcdonald, carpe/wjk, etc)

Sneakers
1x high-top - black/white (rick dunks, silent, kva, raf, mmm, etc)
1x low-top - black/white (MARGELLONS)

Only need one or two more things on the list, plus some I plan to upgrade. Feels good.

Last edited:

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep it's a mini-community revolving around buying stuff from a store. their mascot is NYR. mike will post a very simple v-neck sweater and they're like "HOLY **** MAN I JUST **** MONKEY BALLS AND CAME ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ANYONE EVER COMBINED A WOOL IN SUCH AN ORGASMIC WAY.. GOOD. *******. GOD!!!!!!"
i love mauro (and am wearing a wvg shirt as i type this) but that thread sucks too

hm sounds like another thread i know of involving leather jackets...

Is drew willing to take up the mantle of uncle?

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been trying to lock down my footwear game lately and this is what i decided was 'necessary'. Your results may vary. Did I miss anything?
Boots
1 x mid-height lace up - black (augusta, carpe/wjk, buttero, guidi, etc)
1x side-zip - black (carpe/wjk, mmm, ndc, ccp, etc)
1x side-zip grey or brown (^)
1x some form of white/offwhite - (kind of superfluous)
Shoes
1x 'nice' shoe - black (cp wedge sole, raf/jil derby, etc)
1x grungy derby - black/grey (10 seiwhateverthefuck, moma, andrew mcdonald, carpe/wjk, etc)
Sneakers
1x high-top - black/white (rick dunks, silent, kva, raf, mmm, etc)
1x low-top - black/white (MARGELLONS)
Only need one or two more things on the list, plus some I plan to upgrade. Feels good.

I have:

Boots
1 x mid-height lace up side-zip combats - brown (mmm)
1x side-zip - black (mmm)
1x black ponyhair chukka (
redface.gif
)
Shoes
1x grungy derbies (haven't worn in over a year since they were suede and somebody spilled a rum and coke all over them, should try them out again soon)
Sneakers
1x high-top - white
2x low-top - one white / one neon blue

If I bought anything else it would probably be a pair of white artisanal-type side-zips, but I certainly don't need them. I could also totally live without the blue sneakers and hightops, but they're just fun to have. I don't know if I'd have much use for a derby, I'd say I could live on two pairs of boots and one pair of white sneakers, the rest is extra.

Cue everyone posting about their shoe collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads