1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

@Dorje I'm surprised you don't already own a leather or two. I know you're a regular on SZ.

@iamacyborg That sounds pretty good. I think a black suede A2 would be baller as fuck as well, though I'm not sure how shaggy/smooth TOJ suede is.

2. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

I might just sell the BCDR which I don't wear much, get the suede and keep the new calf DR that's in the queue. Sigh.

3. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Sell BDCR, get a suede BCDR(way cooler than a suede ma-1) and get the 2010DR in dark blue calf [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  4. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I have a black lamb BCDR on order. I have been looking at blistered lamb (and suede) jackets, and have been considering a black lamb suede jacket as well.

5. 5354

5354 Senior member

id go calf suede b/c its more hefty

6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Generally quality is pretty high IME. The slimmer fit stuff that UM carries has a nice cut. The other mainline stuff is cut pretty big and boxy (and short in the arms/body too).

When it's on sale, it's an excellent value.

7. superego

superego Senior member

feeling thwarted stylistically lately. in particular, having difficulty finding stuff that resonates that isn't prohibitive in some way (sizing, scarcity, cost, often in combination)

anyone ever get this? how to continue expanding/growing stylistically?

1 person likes this.
  8. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

all the time

also, was walking down the hall at the hospital (was off duty, just there to study in the student lounge) and this very nice elderly black woman and her friend complimented me on the yohji knit coat. it was very nice.

2 people like this.
  9. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

10. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Try to focus on simplifying. If finding items is difficult and expensive, then it makes sense to look for stuff that's versatile and durable. Go through your closet and look for the go-to items. Items that you can grab at a moment's notice and know they'll look good and match about anything. Figure out where the holes are. What situations do you find yourself in where you don't have enough go-to items? Do you have a badass heavy coat, a light jacket, a rain parka, black boots...I'll stop the list there because everyone is different and you don't need everything that I need. But become aware of situations where you feel like you don't have the right item, and go look for something badass, versatile, and low-maintenance. Focus on the colors, styles, and shapes that look best on you. Forget about variety for now. Just try and find that one pair of jeans, or leather jacket, or whatever it is you need. Go back to basics.

If I could take all the stuff I've bought on sale in the last 5 years that ended up not being go-to items and trade it in, I could buy CCP and Viridi-Ann at full retail. That is to say that if you find something that ends up being a fixture in your wardrobe for years to come, it's rarely going to be cost prohibitive.

2 people like this.
  11. Naka

Naka Senior member

Who was moving to Melbourne soon? I just moved down from Brisbane, the streetwear here is of a much higher quality. I have to lift my game...

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

you guys think about it too much

1 person likes this.
  13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

not sure if serious or intentionally ironic.

11 people like this.
  14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Regarding wardrobe simplification: posting more often in WAYWT is helping me to figure out the stuff that I actually wear...

15. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

I'm making the move next year. Streetstyle in Brisbane is mostly non-existant beyond the Asian students in CDG play converse.

Only once have I had someone recognise something I've worn. They were just passing through town.

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Seriously what's with the influx of cdg play the past 2, 3 years? I only ever see them on Asians that wear like Gucci scarves, Hermes belts, and if they're female those cccccccc branded coach shoes. I've always wondered if they see it as luxury because it's commes des garçons or because it has a heart label on it and it costs more

I think I tend to wear uniforms daily until I get tired of them every few months. Currently it's black uniqlo jeans, grey or white uniqlo tshirt, cozy sweater, dark olive krane fishtail, peter petrov grey scarf, black madova gloves, and rick owen geobaskets in I think the dust color way. Literally wear this everyday changing tshirts and underwear daily, different knits, and jeans washed weekly. So many clothes just languishing in my closet. Don't even get looked at

17. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

they're wearing it for the logo because it supposedly makes them part of the cool kids crowd. I hate to generalize, but here in nyc that's how a lot of the mainstream asian kids are; they're all hypebeast. They feel a very strong desire to fit in, and be with what is considered cool, and simply trick them selves into liking such things.
    I'm asian, these are the kind of kids I grew up around.
    First it was nike air force 1's, dunks, and retro jordans, then north face jackets, then nike sack packs, Ecko, sean john, and phat farm apparel, then KidRobot apparel, then the fauxhawk, and bieber haircut, then the mohawk, then skater brands like Vans, then Supreme t-shirts, and obey snapbacks, then Superdry jackets, then Herschel Supply Co. backpacks, and I guess this is the next thing... [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I mentioned this a while ago and got called all sorts of funny things, around here it's just middle eastern "thugs" in Karl Kani denim pulled up to around their navel with Hermes belts and 90's style adidas sneakers (you know the type ugly running style ones) or AM 97 in that metallic grey.

1 person likes this.
  19. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Is CDG Play even any good.

Just seemed like overpriced basics to me.

20. click here

click here Senior member

Hey! Thanks for the recommendation. The Vandal is exactly what I am after!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.