• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Holy crap dude, this makes no ******* sense

Bone up.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That feel when you misread one of the logic game conditions :lol:

Seriously, one of the games had the weirdest language language ever, got it mixed up like 3-4 times. Had to rush on the last game as a result, hopefully my intuition paid off.

Rest of the sections were pretty easy, barely remember them

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My point is that people are finding alternative goods, and the selling point is that "It's cheap, and fairly good item" instead of "It's a good item for 'x' amount of dollars".

Brad lately you have been trying to be a smartass but I'm really starting to think you're pretty closed minded. If you get a custom boot made of course you going to want it. It is custom hence specifications are made by the consumer.

Your example again puts price into the context. Instead why don't you save up some money and get something you really want versus "I have 'x' amount of disposal income right now so I'll see what I can buy, now." How many shoes does the regular SF poster have? You telling me you need another pair of shoes now just because it is A) cheaper than what was expected and B) You lowered your expectations and will be content with "xyz", which initially was mostly based on the fact that it is 'x' amount of dollars less now.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GT, there are so many logical pitfalls in that post I feel like I'm taking the LSAT all over again

Honestly though, if I pair of boots can be had for $100 that fill a fairly specific hole in your wardrobe and are of decent quality (regardless of brand association), it seems like a decent shot 9especially considering many members are willing to spend that much on a shirt or gloves or whatever)

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure artishard could afford guidis if he wanted (I'm sure he's got a pair or two :D) so it's not really about "I only have X amount to spend gaiz, ill just settle for these hmmms)

...yeah I bought a pair too lol :laugh:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yo i would almost paypal someone $1 to dig up all the uncontrol posts about how OH MY GOD MMM X MARGIELA iS THE WORST ITS DESTROYING MARGIELA AHH and juxtapose them against his posts about how the shoes are nice. what a joke.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You all just making excuses.

Whatever floats your boat but just for reference:

HMMMM-->backlash-->meh most of the stuff is crap-->Snowman bought jacket-->General approval of side zips starts trickling down -->VLSI bought pairs to stalk up but is now selling due to poor quality-->50% 50% deal explodes-->Now I got to pick something up

Reedo I'm not sure what the LSAT taught you but I was simply illustrating the goodwill of savings rather than immediate gratification. I wonder how many people here actually have a savings accounts/IRA etc.

How is that custom Temple of Jawnz jacket with the snake skin doing for you Brad? I hope you like it.

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So in essence, gettoasty is telling us we are all peasant status (although I own regular MMM side zips, so I must be a baller)

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

VLSI bought pairs to stalk up but is now selling due to poor quality.

Is that what I did? :eh:

Although this most recent price drop and market saturation is foiling my plans.

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is that what I did? :eh:
Although this most recent price drop and market saturation is foiling my plans.

That's what you get for stalking up on them!

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

That's what you get for stalking up on them!

I stalked multiple sizes just in case my feet shrink overnight too. Always be prepared.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Might actually be looking forward to a Monday... two highly anticipated packages incoming :nodding: USPS pls.

GQ has named Rick Ross the "Bawse of the Year." (0).

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
usps delivered the packaged, but to the office which is closed on weekends. so i have no clue what they've done actually :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads