1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

A shame the OS navy knit is sold out at OS in Europe, as it will be too expensive with shipping from the us.

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I don't get the home & tech part of Mr Porter, why would anyone buy headphones, speakers etc. and a 10k watch of a fashion site?

3. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Good service and customer support? Why wouldn't they buy those things from Mr P?

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You should hear a speaker / headphones before buying and any decent watch dealer, will give you a good discount if you ask.

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

FINALLY someone decided to put me on a nationwide late night talkshow as a regular. Just signed on for 26 episodes of what is sure to be stellar TV (just kidding, the show is terrible). I'm just doing this to get out of the house, but are all actors paid this low? Making less than when I was an intern in University

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    26 people like this.
  6. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Senior member

That's exactly it - there is an additional code in the sale email sent to the Founders Circle that will take 10% off your entire cart.

That said, I think people got shy in the evening yesterday because we're at about 35 now, so shoot me an email at kyle@nomanwalksalone.com if you want to be in. I think at the current rate assume that after 12 noon EST we should be at capacity, so I apologize if you miss the cutoff!

7. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

8. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

^ I'm throwing a conundrum at you: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/brown-plymouth-boiled-wool-blazer-1759.html

How would you recommend sizing this, bearing in mind that I'm a 38/48/M in just about everything?

- On the one hand, the measurements for a 38 look a little tight.
    - On the other hand, the description says that it should fit snugly and that loosens up with wear.
    - On the third hand, I believe you've told me multiple times not to wear tight blazers. :p

9. conceptual 4est

So, ghostface won the LOUD & GAUDY challenge fair and square, but he has been so kind as to let me pick the theme of the next challenge.

here are my thoughts but let me know what you guys think:

CozyBoyz: To take the edge off the militarism, loudness, gaudiness that we've had, and in honor of the weather the Northeast has been having, I want to see people put together the comfiest, coziest, puffiest most down filled, wool sweatpanted(?), blanket wearing outfit you can think of. I want to see snuggies and I want to see slippers. But it has to be something you would wear outside for the day!

Black and Blue: Like CozyBoyz, this came to mind when wearing the above linked extremely cozy outfit, and it is exactly what it sounds like. Wear black and navy blue. Do it in a sleek lanvin way with blue wool and black grosgrain, or channel a police officer with blue shirt and pants and black boots. Doesn't matter to me but just make this combination look good.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

cozyboyz sounds brilliant. black and blue sounds like something done not too long ago..

11. conceptual 4est

haha yes I may have said that once or twice [​IMG] but I think you'll be happy with the 38.

12. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I've been thinking long and hard about that jacket, and the thing that keeps putting me off is that it just seems so damn short. Not sure how tall you are, but for me it would need to be at least 31" long, and preferably more like 32" or 33".

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

cozyboyz

14. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Cool, many thanks.

Fair point. 6'1", so kinda tall but probably not as tall as you. I might have to measure another jacket to see how it stacks up (speaking of which, having video measuring guides on the web site = awesome :inlove: ).

CozyBoyz sounds pretty brilliant.

15. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

Nice options 4est; I had the same two in mind in case I won the militarism (well, "FuzzyWuzzy" instead of CozyBoyz).
    But +1 for CozyBoyz.

16. jet

jet Senior member

weather? did somebody say weather? why it's been fantastic no need to be all cozyboyz

17. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

warm weather cozyboyz = all silk errything

18. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

link?

19. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

that sounds suffocating

20. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Does anyone know a good leather portfolio? Or perhaps someone who can do leather embossing? Thanks in advancee - did some research but nothing came out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.