1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

price you pay for milf president

b/w houndstooth pants are tough to pull off imho, mainly dependent on check size

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

We have one of those and she's completely incompetent, time to do like the brazilians do due to tax, fly to the us shop fly back.

3. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Acne had these out in 2012 I think, though more check than houndstooth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I think it would look great if you paired with olive/beige/earth tones a la Lemaire

[​IMG]
    or even with ~phthalo/viridian green

[​IMG]

4. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Do you guys take care of your more 'formal' footwear like your leather derbies? Like using shoe trees, polish, conditioner etc.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^Good point. I brought this up in the MC thread but I think some patterns lend itself better on particular clothing i.e. a jacket versus pants. I'd definitely wear that jacket, and the fact that the houndstooth pattern seems more subdue. Another example is the polo coats up on No Man Walks Alone, here and here. I picked up the navy but would not mind either the houndstooth or herringbone, too. I would also wear the patterns as a suit. However, as an odd pair of trousers I am less inclined to wear it especially with my present wardrobe. A pair of flat front trousers in flannel wool is more up my alley. Flannel wool has the weight and detail in fabric while still maintaining an elegant look/drape, and IMO in the realms of CBD (conservative business dress).

Speaking of Lemaire, I think I can definitely pair the knits and coats I picked up past season with the houndstooth trousers but I am not adventurous enough. Oh well

^I use shoes trees with all my shoes except sneakers and artisanal footwear e.g. Guidi

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    4 people like this.
  6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

With a regular black/white houndstooth, I've odd trousers work just fine.

Absolutely. Shoes start to look like shit after a while if you don't, especially if you live in a climate with winter weather.

7. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I totally agree!

I live in rainy England, and keep all of my shoes and boots with wooden shoe trees, in shoe bags, in their original box.

That way they last much longer!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

bbc says argentina has a limit on untaxed packages but doesn't mention a total number of packages.

however it sounds like absolute shit to get any packages from abroad so fuck it basically

*most epurchases will not be mailed to your house, you gotta pick 'em up at the customs office, meaning hours of time
    *50% tax after your first 25£ of stuff each year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25836208

and yes, formal shoes get cream, polish, reno, trees

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

The gov is severely limiting the outflow of money and the availability of foreign currency. Basically the Argentinians don't trust their own currency. I'm not an expert but considering they followed the kind and disinterested advice of the IMF in the 90s they had a steep climb ahead of them to do anything positive.

1 person likes this.
  10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Saw this on tumblr...
    [​IMG]

I know that goony face

[​IMG]

24 people like this.
  11. piluchavez

piluchavez Senior member

^man, those guys are the worst.

1 person likes this.
  12. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Mr. Unabashedly Prep put his home-made Evisu Daicock on the wrong side of his trousers

edit: there's actually a lot more I'm confused about. What are the khaki bits of fabric tied around the arms on the 2 young guys? And does our main main have a dark brown one on his left arm?

1 person likes this.
  13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I read somewhere, that there's a black currency market, where you get double the money when you exchange from dollars to pesos or what Argentinean money is called.

The entire country almost went belly up 10ish years ago, I think they were even closer to the edge than Greece was.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Re armbands, guessing a tweed run or some kind of pro-khaki rally

6 people like this.
  15. zissou

zissou Senior member

Mother & Son Dance at the local country club?

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I dropped off a pair of beater pebble grain longwings to a shoe repair shop to get the Vibram resole. $60 test to see if these guys are worth sending expensive shoes to I guess. Pretty sure they're just gluing them to the midsole, but whatever, we'll see.

17. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

How do you tell if they are doing it right or wrong? I've been having shoes done and have no idea what to look for.

18. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

My cobbler said they only make Vibram soles for boots. Then, after being shown some boat shoes from oak street or wherever, tried to tell me Vibram has a special deal with that high end shoe company, then after being shown several more brands with that sole, said Vibram must have special deals (and individual soles) for each. I finally found an old pic of shoreman and said, Here is an individual who took his shoes to a decent cobbler, at which point I was told Well, no one ever asks for this, just so you understand.

I'd say you're already ahead.

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Yeah I got the "these are for boots" line too. They also asked if I wanted the soles dyed to a darker color. They do good topy jobs, so I'm testing the waters on something more complicated. I've never had Vibrams put on locally so I'll take relevant pics and write something up when I get them back next week.

20. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Don't forget to show them pics of exactly what you want beforehand. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.