1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Senior member

I don't think it's unreasonable to characterize people's personas via their actions if you have enough experience you know with people and girls in general. You don't need a degree to know crazy. I mean she wouldn't even tell the guy in person and who's to say she would later on in a week, month, etc.

Done with this topic anyhow.

Continuing on the I'm a dick theme, some stupid fucking kids took over my seated row machine (hammer strength) at the gym tonight while I went to spot a buddy on incline. I wasn't gone for more than two minutes and left my towel on the chest pad so what did these scrubs do? They threw it on the adjacent machine and started unloading my plates. I come over and go HEY I GOT TWO MORE SETS THATS WHY MY TOWEL WAS THERE. Actually had one, but I did two and took my sweet ass time while they waited. Oh and I went to get water at a leisurely pace. Place has the worst gym etiquette of any I've been to. At least they got scared and put my plates back on. Fuckers.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. leeba

leeba Senior member

A few things.

1. Do people always button up their club collar shirts all the way?

2. A Kind of Guise is awesome. Fabrics oh lawd.

3. I like club collar shirts

4. I wear a lot more colors nowadays. I used to try to stick with the monochrome thing but quickly realized that I felt uncomfortable. I still have plenty of black/gray stuff but my recent cops have all been colorful - and sometimes weird colors, especially if the fabrics are nice. Still want a dope black lined fishtail though.

5. Does that mean I dress like a J Crew dude now? Hope not.

6. I don't look nearly as cool as this guy in this burnt orange corduroy overshirt in the same size despite having the same shirt. I probably need a thicker neck and a leaner p2p. He's also 2 inches taller than me.

[​IMG]

7. Maybe it's the beanie? Is my head too small? Actually I don't know if I have the balls to wear this thing out.

8. I probably do actually. Not sure about the long barena cardigan I got on forum hype though, wonder how many times I'll get called a wizard on campus. Lol.

9. Even though my frame is relatively small I'm basically a Large in everything now, and everything is sort of long on me, don't know if it works or not.

3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I love jet

2 people like this.
  4. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Whenever I see something like this I really wish SF had more wom*n posters because you can always tell said posters wouldn't be so ~courageous~ in their opinions irl

4 people like this.
  5. Distorbiant

@Zamb made a lot of generalizations but the growing sense of individualism and egomania in United States is a real problem.

What's funny is that the responses he got here were just insults and shaming produced by internet feminism rather than reasonable responses. There is indeed a growing sub-culture of feminists that have trained people to react this way whenever someone presents a dissenting opinion and it's pretty sad. It's a superficial movement detached from the root academia of feminist theory and its imposing in gender politics online, and in some cases, the real world.

4 people like this.
  6. gong

gong Senior member

the women in my life agree with my sentiments, if you got off the internet maybe you'd find what ive alluded to

7. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Women be shopping baby......women be shoppinnnn...can't stop a woman from shopin!!!

8. Distorbiant

Regis you shop more than any woman I know.

And possibly any man.

1 person likes this.
  9. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Well I didn't want to be left out....needed to say my opinion on women too.

Also

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

10. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

jesus christ

1 person likes this.
  11. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

"Defends guy while acknowledging he made lots of inane generalizations by making an inane generalization."

Go back a couple pages and count exactly how many of the previous posts are flagrantly insulting. I counted exactly two. It's extremely inaccurate to say that "the responses he got here were just insults and shaming." Some people expressed their bewilderment, and some other people simply pointed out the fuller picture of what Zam was trying to say in a "yeah, but..." sort of way. You're projecting a lot, and I think that this projection and the way that you've characterized other users' responses as a consequence of some "superficial movement" belittles how a good number of men here might actually care about when other men say gross things about gender. What exactly do you have at stake that's compelled you to "defend" Zam against these imaginary posters?

2 people like this.
  12. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

I think the mob-like shaming that characterises internet feminism just comes from the belief that everyone thinks they are unequivocally beyond reproach, which just goes back to that growing sense of entitlement

I'm not going to make any assumptions about your life but it's more often the case that a lot of wom*n are just really really really good at tolerating male chauvinism

13. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Protip from Regis's Latin Lover Mindset Women are complicated, Stop trying to understand them. Enjoy Life. End.

3 people like this.
  14. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

god i forgot how great this toonami promo was
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  15. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Born to shop

A great motto:)

16. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Fantastic!!!!!!!:D

17. Distorbiant

lol you're taking the word "just" and spinning it into a semantics argument. Not even touching that.

I'm defending Zamb because he's not a bad person. Maybe if you slowed down the social justice rhetoric for just a second you could try to understand where the guy's coming from. His points aren't 100% refined but there is some truth to them. I'm sure we could find trending flaws in men as well.

And, let's see, a post calling Zam "retarded" with 7 thumbs. Looks like more than a couple people to me.

If you want to play by feminism and social justice rules, you're a privileged, wealthy, cis (I'm assuming) white male who is marginalizing the opinions of a person of color and shaming his viewpoints in a community primarily white and asian. So shame on you.

2 people like this.
  18. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I remember that circa 2003? MS Gundam Wing is still the only Anime I have watched the first to last episode

2 people like this.
  19. Distorbiant

Wait, shit, is Zamb not black? This thought just hit me after I typed those facetious last couple sentences, lol.

20. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

If you're concerned with how I'm misinterpreting your words, then you need to be more careful how you present yourself—we're dealing strictly with text here man. Anyway, I'm not interested in responding any further than this since you've chosen not to take actual concerns seriously. I offered Zam and other users a polite response earlier. I think you'd be hard-pressed to demonstrate that I "marginalized" or "shamed" anyone. If this is something you actually want to discuss then you can just send me a PM. For the meantime I'm moving on to something else.

Namely, fashion. These two looks from the Ami F/W 2014-2015 show look awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They remind me of Margiela and Moebius comics:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.