1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

have @zamb email her

6 people like this.
  2. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

3. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Definitely get that scarf back.

4. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

got my article rejected by Science. Fuck science as a career. On the plus side, I got an OL coat for ridiculously cheap and goth out in all black from head to toe today.

3 people like this.
  5. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

sorry 2 hear that bobo

fuck science!!

3 people like this.
  6. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

How old is she? That last sentence just makes it seem like she's completely out of touch with the real world.

I had a chick break up with me a few months ago with similar reasons given, still not over it :(

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  7. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

The best part is that you know he totally would too.

I love zam

9. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I lost my dream engagement ring when my last boyfriend scammed me....and a pile of credit card bills he'd taken his name off..still paying it off...

Trying to buy a pretty diamond solitaire to take its place but could never afford a ring like the one I had :-(

I feel for you too!

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Being a dick works in situations like that. :fistbump:

11. automorph

automorph Member

Fawk bitches buy clothes

12. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Damn dude, sorry to hear it. :(

She just turned 30 and up until now had acted like it (was a not insignificant part of why I appreciated the relationship so much). Between her email and that text it sounds like she wants fairy tale bullshit which is pretty pathetic for a 30 year old (as is breaking up over email). And she should know better because in her email she listed the only three times in her life when she's had that "certain feeling of rightness" - one was meeting her cat (even as someone who loves his dog more than anything this is fucking lol), two was moving here (she was really close to giving up and moving back home right before she met me) and three was getting into nursing (a career which she's been having a serious existential crisis about over the last couple of weeks). I'm almost 30 myself so it's kind of heartbreaking to see someone my own age be so naive and unrealistic.

Christ, that's awful dude. How do people do that cold-blooded shit?

It would be so hilarious I almost want to do it.

13. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Happens. To be fair, she did also say the single funniest thing I think I've ever heard a chick say during a breakup.

"I don't know what song we'd play at our wedding"

We'd only been going out for a few months and had a few diverging interests, music being one of them. It was such a preposterous statement I couldn't do anything but laugh, this is after telling me how happy I make her and how I'm everything she wants from a partner. Go figure.

/edit:

Is she maybe having some real issues with the nursing stuff and taking her frustrations out in completely the wrong way? Worth talking to her about things if you still have feelings for her, everyone fucks up every now and again and maybe she just needs some reassurance or something.

1 person likes this.
  14. Teger

Teger Senior member

noctone: sounds like she got scared off and isn't ready to settle down. her switch probably flipped the same time yours did, abut it frightened so she had to bail out. tough. you'll probably hear from her again in a few weeks or months.

16 people like this.
  15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

real talk you dodged a bullet there.

also you live in Denver go smoke some legal weed.

also don't think of things like relationships as "the final piece" of your life. Life isn't some to-do list.

3 people like this.
  16. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Yeah, this is what I read into it as well. I'll be holding out hope for you that it's a things she's going through and that maybe in a few weeks she'll come back to her senses and know that she'll want to be Noctonal.

1 person likes this.
  17. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Just try to put it behind you and move on...easier said than done, I know..

1 person likes this.
  18. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Noctone - Feel for you man. My $.02: Whatever happens, do not take her back. Of course, this might not even be an option, but just in case she "freaked out" and has a change of heart... She's already shown she's capable of flipping her switch either way and dropping a bomb on you without notice, via email no less. What would be next, a text several months down the line? You don't wanna' live with those doubts in the back of your mind. As I'm sure you know, it hurts for a while, but you'll be good. Maybe grab Unc. as a wingman and slay it!!!

4 people like this.
  19. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

I figure it has something to do with it, although to what extent I don't know. Nursing isn't at all what she intended to start a career in, but rather came to her as a calling after undergrad. She's been having a really difficult time reconciling her propensity to connect with her patients with the fact that a lot of them die (she works in a cardiothoracic ICU). It's one thing to have doubts about your job, but having doubts about what you feel is your calling is probably a major headfuck. I can only imagine it might make one question everything else in their life.

Yeah this occurred to me too. She broke off an engagement for similar reasons a year or two ago, so I'm wondering if there isn't some commitment issue at play. I can't exactly blame her, I've also been in the situation of being super into a relationship until the true gravity of where it was going freaked me out.

Yeah more or less. I'm not sure if I'm even inclined to ever talk to her again, let alone ever consider being friends or giving her another chance if she wants it. It's hard to say right now how I'd feel about it, but the how and why of the breakup has certainly damaged any benefit of the doubt I could've given her.

Thanks for the kind words and advice y'all, I realize this isn't really the place for this but I really value the community here.

3 people like this.
  20. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Forgot to quote this. Don't misunderstand me, I don't view relationships as part of some checklist. I already have a great job and live in a city I love and generally have a pretty awesome life, and she complemented that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.