1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Damn it Namor. Sell me one of those!

(My other SNS order got cancelled)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Maybe in your neck of the woods, but it's still pretty unusual here (although common in the rural town I grew up in). I don't think it's particularly weird, just that having a kid is the kind of thing that probably should be mentioned before a first date. Stripper thing doesn't really phase me at all, I'd be a massive hypocrite if it did.

3. 3 Prague Winters

3 Prague Winters Senior member

Wait, what?

4. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

I like women who are comfortable with their body and their sexuality.

1 person likes this.
  5. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

And everyone knows that strippers have the best self image and are at peace with their sexual identity

6. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

They're certainly more comfortable with those things than the average girls I've known. :/

7. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

ahhh the good ol' days. whats up with what you said about slacktide? he was one of the most consistent posters for a while there, always really sincere too.

i miss jweid, he was the original king of yoox roulette.

2 people like this.
  8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Very big missed opportunity there. Really could have taken this to the next level, if you had responded "Well, having spent my college years as a stripper..."

1 person likes this.
  9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Browsed lookbooks for Needles S/S '14 and EG S/S '14 the other day. Needles>>>>>EG

10. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Yes.

11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I want everything Needles

3 people like this.
  12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

The Economist: Chinese Consumers Doing It Their Way

'Sup @LA Guy :nodding:

4 people like this.
  13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

New BBC Musketeer series has some cool costumes.

1 person likes this.
  14. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I was reflecting on my fits and I think this is the best ive done

[​IMG]

Curious to see which people think is their best (and why if theyd like to say why). Especially for people like Kgfan/Snow/diniro, would be nice to see what makes a particular fit really pop for them.

15. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

No that is not the best you've done

6 people like this.
  16. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

yeah I agree - the pants and shoes look cool, but it looks top heavy with that jacket. and without the jacket it's a pretty casual fit that is cool but nothing special, in my opinion. some of your stuff from this winter is the best I've seen from you, I think

1 person likes this.
  17. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

You're moving to a pretty expensive city, and there are gonna be trade-offs. A couple of factors to consider:

- Price
    - Living situation (roommates, subletting, &c.)
    - Amenities (groceries, gym)
    - Entertainment (bars, music venues)
    - Safety
    - Length of commute
    - Form of commute (bus vs. metro)
    - DC proper vs. a suburb

Unless it's your top priority, I recommend against limiting yourself to places right around metro stops. Buses suck, but they're cheaper than the metro if you're traveling any distance and they open up a lot of neighborhoods that aren't directly metro-accessible. You pay a premium for living by a metro stop, so you might end up with lower rent if you're willing to venture a little further from a station. At the same time, I recommend against setting yourself up with a commute that involves a transfer from one bus route to another. Fortunately, Union Station is enough of a hub that this shouldn't be an issue.

If I moved back, I'd probably look at Logan Circle (possibly too expensive), Mt. Pleasant, Adams Morgan (where I used to live), and Columbia Heights right off the bat. I've heard parts of Shaw are getting to be pretty nice. Eastern Market and the surrounding area are supposedly really nice, but I've only been there a couple of times and I don't know the residential parts very well. I would generally stay away from brand-new construction, since IME those places tend to price-gouge and are rarely as nice as they seem.

Assuming this is a summer internship, your best bet may be to look for sublets from students. It's possible that one or more of the schools in the area already has some sort of system up and running for students who want to post or rent sublets, or you could just start scanning craigslist (acknowledging that a lot of stuff usually doesn't come up until pretty close to the lease start date).

Also, ask @randomkoreandude if you want info on where Georgetown law kids live.

4 people like this.
  18. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I didnt mean to start a discussion on my fits haha, just wanted to see what other posters consider their best

I still think black yohji suit with simple white shirt/cream loose t is my fav outline for a fit

19. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Copper is still the biggest danger to my wallet...

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I should start a series just based on the funny questions that members ask me.

Today:
    Quote:

Stuff like this happens at least once or twice a day.

18 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.