1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

As a bonus, it can double as a shaver.

2. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I put in an order earlier this week. everything went fine. They shipped my order next day air.

3. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

So I just took a dive into some late 2010-era WAYWT—before I ever started posting—and, uh, I got a little bit lost going through all of it. Holy shit. Let me tell you about my findings:

I came across five straight pages of Brad saying nothing but the word "blaaaaaaaaand"; I learned that NOBD has literally has not changed in three and a half years; tween spirit used to post :( ; asobu used to post :( ; snowman fits looked like asssssss; maybe it's just camera perspective, but Synth was once like a twiggy little thing; no one handed out thumbs (maybe they didn't exist?); before mikey ever even posted his first solid fit he actually treated sf to a photo of himself dressed in tights as a Christmas elf (why mikey); raw fucking denim EVERYWHERE; nicelynice... has been a consistently amazing poster, which is unsurprising; Kelvin's hair was once waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay taller and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more ridiculous (although waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more awesome) than when my hair was tall and ridiculous; Eason simply never improved; I spotted shah wearing slim jeans, CdG Play chucks, and a ocbd and it was a visual trip; goddammit mikey posted some godawful shit fits for a while; too many awful suit fits; too few fits on each page; why haven't I seen a single Uncontrol fit after feverishly scrolling through ~20 pages wtf Brad; the only Margiela that seems to exist (outside of the occasional AR_Six fits) are GATs, and every fit with them sucks so hard; I think I came across a fit of Synth wearing a pair of jeans that are, uh, currently hanging up in my closet; there are week-long, resolution-less debates concerning what haircut Hendrix would look best with; practically everyone took photos with their shitty flip-phones indoors with zero natural light and ya can't see shit (Star Trek meme "can't see shit captain" came up multiple times); the precursor to spacepope; sq4you seriously needs to start posting fits again, if only for fun stuff like this; every knit was either the same boring W+H zip hoodie or some $10 cardi from H&M and people just looked like bad SVB clones; AFL was, unsurprisingly, always a suuuuuuper fabulous cutie; I'm glad slack tide doesn't post anymore; damn brad you were such a diiiiiiiiiiiick to mikey when he started out; omg a brad fit (finally, it's the first in like 100 pages at this point); and it is followed immediately by an adorable AFL fit (natch); Fuuma posted more frequently, which must've been nice; shoreman shoreman shoreman; this place reads like bad reddit mfa; Drew Keith had time to even comment in other threads beyond the ToJ thread; suspicions confirmed: apparently there was no thumbs system at one point, which just strikes me as alien and scary and weird; there's a 15-year old wearing a Rick leather, Rick dunks, and a fucking polo shirt; I'm so glad snowman got rid of those awful fucking glasses; and finally, DLester: "look at the last few pages and try to tell me with a straight face that we should still be called Style Forum.'

Christ, what a trip.

37 people like this.
  4. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

i too take my nostalgia with a hint of meth

10 people like this.
  5. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Only on the weekends.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Just be relieved you didn't start posting earlier than 2010. Looking at WAYWT before, say, 2007 was like watching the forum collectively teach itself how to put on clothes

7. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

That sounds fucking miserable.

8. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

when i joined in 2010 every thread was about BoO , CP and APC sizing
    i rarely browse waywt, but i remember a fitpic by snowman? in which he wore a NDG jacket, shorts and green rafstros
    i thought it was the best outfit i had seen so far

9. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

2 people like this.
  10. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

took some fit pics of myself today in barena get up and lanvin hat. young man disguised as old Jewish man.

1 person likes this.
  11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

This season straw Lanvin hat? Looks great

12. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

fw merino hat

1 person likes this.
  13. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

2 people like this.
  14. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

saw Lone Survivor today, now I kinda wanna start dressing like a pashtun noble warrior

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

thumbs are that old already? feels like it just started

1 person likes this.
  16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Sorry, but a 22 year old woman who has a kid and has worked as a stripper doesn't strike me as a particularly unusual story. I mean, if you don't want to date someone with a kid that's understandable, but anyone implying that this as weird or crazy has probably not had many friends who have struggled in life.

16 people like this.
  17. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

18. Xancatrius

Xancatrius Senior member

What shoes do you guys wear 36" inseam raws with? I've been sticking to my trickers, was thinking maybe high tops..

Also besides VTB, anyone know of any place to get some nice slim/long bamboo tees? J shaped ones would be nice too.

I know this isn't the Q&A thread but since all the WAYWT cool guys and regulars hang around here thought I'd get a better reply here. Thanks guys!

19. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

You mirin' my pakol bro?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    8 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.