• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
that's a hard price range. hum. maybe like club monaco?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just handled that minimalist denim at Machus, pretty nice. Denim is good too, like the slash lines
ftfy :D

i dont like this 'designer* workwear' trend that kva and siki im are headed too. i do like the drop crotch denim tho :eek:

*designer as in high fashion

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

WvG black friday sale will hit pretty close to that price range, not quite, but almost.

hipster

Reaction score

dont have access to club monaco, see my location. i could proxy uniqlo but havent heard much good of their ocbds + they dont have contrast buttons.

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a small report from hm&mmm which released today (and though they didn't have everything, not even close, there was still some nice stuff):

black boots: these look just as good as in the pictures, fit tts, and leather is as good if not better than shoes for the same price (retail I mean)

white-painted boots: fit tts as well(duh) and honestly look way cooler in person than on pictures, really quite cool

white-painted jeans: these are just dope, will definitely get a pair if there are any left after christmas

camel-coat with inverted lapels: the fit on this thing is great, and construction seems nice enough

sneakers: comfy, tts, don't look as tacky as in pictures but still nowhere near the rest of the collection

fair-isle sweater: fit on this was kinda...I dunno...it didn't really look bad but it didn't fit like I had excepted it too (if you're interested in this I think you should definitely try it out first)

So yeah, this was a small round-up on the things I tried on, will go to stockholm on saturday so they may have a bigger selection there (especially hoping for the white leather-jacket), more impressions will follow in that case

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn just went through the COS online store for the first time this season and man there are some nice pieces. Do you guys know when the pieces hit like 50%? Because I'd like to proxy about then.
Especially fond of the MMM leather glove rip offs and the quilted wool shirt. Lots of nice knits too, oh and dem gradients!

why do you say this about literally every collection you get into each month? do you have a physical aversion to paying retail? i understand you're trying to save money, but it's ******* cos, it's fast fashion which is already cheap.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
~~

We'll buy a lot of clothes when we don't really need em
Things we buy to cover up what's inside
Cause they make us hate ourself and love they wealth
That's why shortys hollering "where the ballas' at?"
Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack
And a white man get paid off of all of that...

~~

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why do you say this about literally every collection you get into each month? do you have a physical aversion to paying retail? i understand you're trying to save money, but it's ******* cos, it's fast fashion which is already cheap.

Well yes I do actually, in fact the only things I've really paid full retail for in the past many months have been basics like tees or Uniqlo goods. Tell me, do you buy everything retail then? Please enlighten me on buying a full, well rounded wardrobe at full retail as a student, I'm very curious to hear how you do it.

While COS certainly isn't expensive as designer goods, considering the conversion rate the prices fall around most mid range brands that are popular here. And considering it is a rather large brand with a number of stores, I half expected there to be decent sales in the coming months and it made little sense to me to buy things now which could be had in a month's time for 30% less. Also, I'm not sure COS would quite fall under the category of "fast fashion" like H&M, All Saints etc, as it implies a cheapness in construction and material and a lack of ingenuity in design. COS imo has quite high quality stuff, and some of their designs are pretty damn cool and somewhat novel (I handled a lot of their pieces during my stint in the EU).

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
COS is just more expensive H&M right up there with AllSaints; they just happen to be riffing off Raf and Jil instead of Rick and Julius. Just because it's minimal stuff doesn't make it any less derivative.

fwiw I don't get why anyone cares if reedo is asking about sales. 'Tis the season and might as well save a buck if you can.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

guys when does m.a.+ hit 50% off?

C'mon brad, this is some strawman ****. I asked if a brand that is ubiquitous in Europe and has tons of stores in every big city does a semi annual sale (prolly should have said 20-30% off, but w/e), so you equate my query to an incredibly obscure artisan brand to make my post look unreasonable in comparison?

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
number%20of%20people%20who%20give%20a%20fuck.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads