1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

You can't trust these shipping companies. UPS once delivered someone else's package to my doorstep with an address not even remotely close to me.

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

No hate, they just made it sound like you were the next whats his Facebook face (Mark something).

Also go outside, the best way to not a cold, is going out in to the elements.

I never get one and I'm outside with the dog 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day, every day.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

The medical advice in here is hilarious. Also, flu shot is generally not a live virus, just FYI.

3 people like this.
  4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Yesterday you said here you wanted to be left alone and then they left you alone and you complained about it.

5. hipster

hipster Senior member

ive had to lay in bed the last 3 weeks, have some chronic bowel(?) disease or something... am so excited for the NYC trip hope this wont ruin it :(

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

8 people like this.
  7. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

sorry to beat a dead horse, but i just want to say that sf has been so much better without isachenko around the past week.

11 people like this.
  8. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Cut on these Kenzo trousers is surprisingly good.

[​IMG]

9. jet

jet Senior member

the sheer ignorance of people in the states is astounding, as is their inability to think for themselves

10. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

what do you have against flu shots, jet?

11. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

12. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

They give you anus cancer bro

13. jet

jet Senior member

what benes said

not but really they don't work, there's no real data on whether or not it prevents the flu (i've not known anyone around me ever to actually get the flu), there's other toxic shit in the shot, the strain changes every year so it's pointless and most importantly it's a great way for pharma to make a guaranteed billion every year...there was this korean doctor's blog i was reading awhile back and he was saying he could see no reason why anyone would get it etc, except he's one of thousands of doctors who are against it

i always laugh when it's the same germophobes in my office getting sick like finn said because they won't touch anything, they get flu shots and get sick multiple times a year

14. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

you know they make new batches of the flu shot each year to target the most prevalent strain of the year, right?

the flu shot can't prevent every single strain of the flu virus, but it's supposed to bolster your resistance. it's more of a protective measure rather than a purely preventative.

big pharm makes a lot more money on things other than flu vaccines.

15. jet

jet Senior member

just made bacon and cracked another package of uniqlo vnecks, now the sleeve length is bugging the shit out of me

1 person likes this.
  16. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Does anyone here have any familiarity with emporio armani sizing for jackets and coats? I feel like it probably runs on the slim side...

17. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Just bought new gears, snowboarding gear.

Oh yeaah!

2 people like this.
  18. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

The thing is that a flu virus evolves gradually during transit from one person to another. And it takes really a long time to develop a vaccine.

So the flu shot that you've just had is not useful to prevent from current flu virus...It is like you try to win a lottery.

However, I personally believe that a flu shot psychologically gives you more or less a positive effect though, like placebo. It is only my opinion.

19. jwalterweather

jwalterweather Senior member

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.