1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

In my unliscenced opinion, I recommend dayquil cycled with nyquil.

Sorry to hear about the flu, that is really crummy. Thats why I get my flu shot! :)

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Are you ever going to wear those moon boots so we can be twinsies?

I got a flu shot today

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

The whole family loves the heattech socks they got for Christmas.

2 people like this.
  4. colabear

colabear Senior member

How come we didn't do a swap Kringle this year. I came across with a lot of good stuffs while buying gifts this past Christmas. Or maybe we can do a recycling gifts swap like if there's gifts that you received that you didn't like, you can trade with someone who agrees to swap gifts with you. Just like the saying one guy's unwanted gift is another guy's best gift ever.

5. habitant

habitant Senior member

^. Too much of a hassle.

1 person likes this.
  6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I got a flu shot and then the injection site got real irritated and the nearest lymph node got swollen and painful /jennymccarthy

On the other hand, no flu

RFT: I love packing for short trips, picking out what I really need for a couple of days. Whatever I bring and wear on a trip ends up being my uniform back home for a month.

4 people like this.
  7. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

Suffered the flu for the first time about a week before my 40th... Ungodly levels of awful. Feel for you man, hope it passes soon. That old man immune system ain't what it used to be.

RFT: Looking forward to going to Denver next week so I can finally wear some winter garb... This So Cal winter has been balls for layering.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  8. DLester

DLester Senior member

sup, I been wearing them! Great boots. Only posted one fit pic though, and that one was a no-tuck so they didn't stand out as much.

Flu shots make me sick, don't know why. Bene would say it is impossible I bet, but it happens almost every year.

9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Went into Independence and Gallery Aesthete today here in Chicago. Timothy's a stand up guy. My friend who's into clothing but doesn't really have an eye for quality was blown away by the Trench Boots and I think he's going to buy a pair. I think anyone who sees the OSB Trenches are pretty impressed when they see these in person.

Gallery Aesthete... that was uncomfortable. The woman working there gave us an awkward smile and then disappeared, leaving us only in the company of tens of thousands of dollars of Rick and Boris Bidjan Saberi. I guess she could tell we were window shopping [​IMG]. It just felt a little strange that not a single person in there said a word to us. Maybe it was my ugly winter gear. Or maybe I just don't get the stylezeitgeist attitude.

Was also pretty unimpressed by the quality of rick leathers. BBS stuff was really nice.

10. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

They're injecting you with a weakened flu virus, some people get a little sick as their body adapts.

I'm definitely considering getting flu shots in the future, but I've avoided it for almost 40 years so...

11. jet

jet Senior member

don't ever get a flu shot

doctors don't know shit about nutrition (0)

there are ways to build up your immune system

2 people like this.
  12. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I'd agree actually, most doctors suck at nutrition. Only those who actually sub-train in nutrition are any good.

Idk if this is true at other institutions but atleast where I am, students dont care about nutrition. It is not really intellectually stimulating and not really life and death. There are very few emergent nutritional issues.

The biggest problem is that nutrition research is some of the most poorly conducted and underfunded. It is a shit show.

You should get the flu shot. And some people can get cold-like symptoms BUT that is still better than getting the flu. The flu is a real terror as im sure Dorje can attest to. Feel better soon!!

13. jet

jet Senior member

flu shot is a scam brosef

14. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Goddamn I really want a tan ToJ Baseball jacket. I want to return to a simpler time of raw denim and hanes t's and white sneakers.

6 people like this.
  15. jet

jet Senior member

co-sign

16. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Make it happen brosef.

17. Desi

Desi Senior member

Brings a tear to my eye.

2 people like this.
  18. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Fuck Canada post, lost a new $230 Monitaly shirt I sold on eBay,
    Never made it to the buyer

19. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

[​IMG]

Is it normal for packages from Yoox to go on a tour of Europe on their way to the US?

3 people like this.
  20. stevent

stevent Senior member

Didn't make it as it was lost or buyer said never got? Should be updated with new edelcon but then again I have had a few "lost" packages where it was never fully scanned in and buyers just said they didn't get

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.