1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

lmao Reedo did you really give $250 worth of stuff with the receipt to the USPS driver

1 person likes this.
  2. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

How do you afford all your clothes?

4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

lol parents. i got my first CC when i was 20 and i asked a friend of mine who was a doctor to co-sign. maybe bene will co-sign for you.

4 people like this.
  5. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Are credit card companies tightening up who they give cards to or something? I got my first one way back in my sophomore year of undergrad, was unsecured and I don't think I had to have a cosigner either.

6. thestylishdevil

thestylishdevil Active Member

Get a job or become a gigolo... [​IMG]

7. thestylishdevil

thestylishdevil Active Member

This can depend on what you're applying to. Try asking in the business forum area though... might be a better place.

Credit cards are out to make money and get your money; so I'm sure someone will be happy to offer you a credit card.

I'm guessing you're still a student?
    You can apply for student credit card and you don't need a cosigner. Look at the apr rates, my recommendation if you're american is chase sapphire. It has a better rate than my wells fargo credit card and has a great rewards program. That being said, you should stay within 30% of your limit. So if you have 5000 limit you should only use at most 1500. The people with the best credit scores use 10% of their credit. You should always pay your balance off every month to avoid getting in a hole. Spend what you can afford & then take advantage of the cash back/rewards. There are some awesome credit cards so just look around and do your hw.

You should stay away from revolving credit ie a macy's card, nordstrom, bloomingdale's etc. They have ridiculous high apr rates and usually aren't worth the "rewards".
    Revolving credit can be awesome though-- I find nordstrom's rewards wonderful. I find great stuff there all the time.
    For menswear, if you're on a budget/student, I can guarantee with some looking at nordstrom rack you can get some cool pairs of shoes for under 100 or 200 compared to typical retail of 300/400. The clothes for menswear can depend on where you live. They have a decent selection of denim and jackets. I also get a ton of nordstrom notes from them (granted i go on their special days where i get either double or triple points. they also had a 10 points per dollar day. Got $60 worth of nordstrom notes to go play with some more. i'm also a fashion stylist so sometimes for some work stuff i'll drop between 500-2000 and get a ton of points PLUS $ back.) They also offer complimentary tailoring which i haven't tried out. That might be useful for a student until you can find a really good tailor. i also have a macy's card i don't use. Try not to open too many revolving credit cards. i think i read somewhere 2 to 4 is ok BUT not ideal.

Bottom line: to build credit apply at your local bank or credit union. Stay away from revolving credit unless you can really take advantage of their rewards. Just use a regular credit card to shop at different places. it's easier to manage at most 3 to 5 credit cards. I would say no more than that. There are also other ways to build credit : ie loans, car payments.

8. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Oh great unsolicited credit card advice chat again.

19 people like this.
  9. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

@Benesyed [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    12 people like this.
  10. hipster

hipster Senior member

are eastpak luggages any good? i need something that will get me through a 7-day trip in NYC.
    budget ~$250.

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

any idea about where to find a longer wool coat with patch pockets?

guess using this photo can be considered bad taste, but something like the guy with the bucket or the guy behind the woman with the basket.

[​IMG]

12. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Howard Yount has a few patch pocket overcoats up right now.

13. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

If you're a 52 you might be in luck, you could get it down to ~350 with codes http://tres-bien.com/dese-coat-anthracite

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^thanks. Nice coat, but Im atleast a 54 in Barena, so slim fits... Tried a Harris Wharf coat, which was skin tight across shoulders and arms in a 54. Sometimes "fashion sizing" is weird.

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

bought some pants from the RL sale today. i think they are moleskin, but maybe its just sueded cotton. how to figger it out? or is that the same thing?

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's actually supposed to be pretty fitted. I spoke with the designer, and in some of their designs, at least, the seams are supposed to be a bit taut, so that the seams show. Maybe not skin tight, but definitely not droopy in any way.

17. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

hahaha, I totally want to use the phrase "its not brain surgery" if I end up teaching when Im older. For that extra old guy cheesin' :slayer:

18. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Harris Wharf or Barena? Makes sense for either I guess, but to me (and on me), it looks off.

19. piluchavez

piluchavez Senior member

Does Visvim ever actually sell size 12 on their website? I really want some Virgils but I don't think an 11 would fit. :/

20. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

I broke a RiRi zipper after it got stuck yesterday. I thought those things were supposed to be the best zippers out there. Am I the first one to do this?

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.