1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

Seriously, I think it's lame for anyone who doesn't ride a bike to wear biker inspired gear. Obviously my opinion doesn't care most posters here disagree. I used to ride a bike, but now that I don't, I don't wear any leather jackets. I would consider a goat suede jacket with a single center zipper, but never a polished 5-zip.

2. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

I adjusted the color intensity to compensate for my camera's flash, in normal lighting these shoes go well with blue jeans. See the second professional picture for truer color.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  3. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

That's a pretty brown burgundy (have seen the Feits in person since they're Australian) and it's not flattering.

4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

:( dont buy cheap suits, mayne.

here is the #1 reason not to go out of your way to point out when you find something to be gimmick-ey:

pretty much everyone already knows its there. those that dont like it dont buy it, those that do, do. its not news to anyone, nor is it really a valuable point of conversation to anyone.

as an aside, i dont think your sneakers are gimmick-ey, but i do not particularly like them. something about the shape reminds me of diabetic shoes. anyhow, im glad they are working out for you.

1 person likes this.
  5. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

I had no idea diabetics had to wear special shoes. [​IMG] It's hard to appreciate the shoes from my pics, the same way people had trouble judging your different trouser types from the camera angle.

The problem with 'tacit' silence on gimmicks, is that all the people who wear them misconstrue silence as approval.

6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

nobody cares about your approval or disapproval. contribute to the community before expecting anyone to take your opinions with any weight.

5 people like this.
  7. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

I've contributed significantly already. My approval is irrelevant, a gimmick's ugly on its own for anyone who has to see it. There's enough ugly in the world already and SF, forum based on style, should rise above that.

8. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

yes, exactly the same. awesome.

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

no

no

no

1 person likes this.
  10. superego

superego Senior member

just. stop. replying.

for fuck's sake, virtually every assertion he makes is a certain kind of bait (I count two in the post above brad's alone).

either he's intentionally trolling and you're just feeding into him or he's interpersonally oblivious, either way you lose. you're not going to reform him by continuing to shame or deride him. just ignore what you don't like, and he'll come around if he'll come around.

11. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

I want him unleashed in the epaulet thread

There will be real life tears

12. I hope those orthopedic shoes stop you from being a douche

13. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

@LA Guy, you've made a point of stating how frustrating it is to stand by while one particular user consistently dishes out post after post of negativity. I appreciate that you've put into words what many other users here have been mulling over as well as voicing for the past several weeks. Maybe it's because my presence on this site has dwindled a bit as of late, and maybe it's because I usually only spend my time in just a few threads in SW&D; but I get the impression that it's rare you personally call out a member so publicly. Considering the fact that members have spoken up about this, it's refreshing to hear your voice weighing in on the matter. This is a community, and moreover this is a community staffed with individuals charged with maintaining a sense of oversight and responsibility. Thank you for taking into consideration the concerns of those who make up that community and then acting on behalf of those members.

With that said, I've got to be clear that I am absolutely sick of this Isachenko bullshit.

As you've mentioned, his posts have been relentlessly negative. He harps on the same shit over and over again; and when he does express an opinion about something different, it is also negative and it is almost always provocative. Dissent isn't an issue though. There are plenty of members here who disagree about fundamental ideas: jet hates burgundy pants and navy sneakers; noob loves them; and c4 utilizes either or neither depending on the season. Some members hate the mere mention of a blazer + untucked shirt, whereas others try to playfully sneak around what makes that combination such an aesthetically confounding look. The main difference between the disagreements that these users have and the statements that Isachenko makes is that the former still conduct themselves as if they belong to a community comprised of characteristic individuals whereas Isachenko acts like a belligerent seven-year old with a distaste for everything and a perplexing need to prove himself and his opinions to everyone.

I'm sure there are plenty of users who didn't enjoy the latest Synthèse fit. I'm sure there are plenty of users who think that drop-crotch pants will always be awful. That's fine. But they aren't shitting on anyone else's parade. They aren't constantly voicing their disapproval. Isachenko is. And though part of the reason that I haven't spent much time on SF lately has to do with the fact that my hours at work have been frankly absurd, another significant reason is that every thread that I love is almost always consumed by some bitching about how immeasurably annoying Isachenko's participation in SF has been.

I know it's not your job to care about whether or not I personally remain a part of this community (you have an idea of who I am and what I offer), but this extends far beyond myself. I hope you'll reflect on how frustrated so many members of your community have been these past few weeks, and I hope you'll be frank with us about what you plan to do.

24 people like this.
  14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've decided to put you on ice after all. I told you to stop with the personal attacks in another thread, and now you get a break until the New Year. Enjoy your 2 weeks off.

51 people like this.
  15. LA Guy

Hey @Synthese

Don't worry. I made sure that he'll be around to comment on all the stuff you report on from Italy, mainly because I'm slightly pissed that I can't make it, and so you'll be eating all my food (I'll send you to a few places that rock - oh, you'll need reservations),

16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Can't wait! I hope the rest of you are getting excited too...I've got some more brands for you guys to peruse this week!

17. LA Guy

And these concludes our public service announcement/shameless plug of @Synthese 's coverage of SWD and other casual brands at Pitti Immagine Uomo 84

3 people like this.
  18. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

WooooooO!

1 person likes this.
  19. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I, for one, am thrilled for Synthese to introduce me to what I'll be wearing 6mo-1yr from now.

10 people like this.
  20. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

But wait, there's more! Click now and be taken to world of dark beauty, intrigue, and...Salt Farmers. Right.

Check out some more Pitti brands here!

As always, I would love to see people posting in our humble thread about like, dislikes, or general tastes in ice cream.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.