• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well what I'm saying is I certainly wouldn't buy the collabs at $300, $200 would be really pushing it. $150 would be reasonable I'd say

They're $240. I actually might pick up a couple things from the collab, but the boots can't possibly be worth it.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why? you can buy MMM side zips for $200 if you're patient

That's an exaggeration. You'd have to be extremely lucky/patient to get a new or lightly used pair for that. I can't remember ever seeing the normal ones that cheap. Usually during sales some sizes will make it to 450ish, maybe a bit lower if it's not a popular colorway. On B&S, maybe 300-350

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hundred bucks says some dumbass here will buy the sidezips for that much

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Margiela boots are around 900. h&m, for what I´ve seen are 50, so 240 seems like a decent middle ground, doesn´t it??

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Margiela on sale regularly make it to $500 or less.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a bit nervous now! We shall see ...

I suspect I wear pieces slightly looser than you, so maybe you'll be ok. Essence uses two models for their Attachment pictures, one who they outfit in size 1 and the other in size 2. Most pieces fit me very similar to their size 2 model. But I am about 0.5 inch taller and 4 lbs lighter than that model. I could probably fit into size 1 in many pieces, but it would look tighter than I like.

If you're having difficulty comparing yourself to the model, try comparing your BMI instead. I use this sizing technique whenever a shop uses a model who is far shorter than me. If you can find multiple pics of models with different BMI's wearing the same piece, you can usually make good fit guesses.

i just ordered a hoodie from these guys http://www.ripvanwinkle.jp/

incredible stuff and reasonably priced

I keep wanting to try ripvanwinkle but have not yet done so. Their fabrics look really nice.

Do they have 4 and 5 of everything? Only looked at the two hooded coats on the official site and 3 was the largest.

I have seen a few shops in Japan that carry size 4 and 5 in Attachment, but not many. And when a store does this they will only do it for selected pieces, not all of them.

Also, there are many dealers that don't even bother to order size 3 in the more expensive pieces! For example, http://www.jet-dress.com orders their outerwear pieces in size 1 and 2 only.

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You´d be very lucky to find mmm boots under 300 on your size. Sneakers sure, I got mine for that much, but side zips would be extremely difficult. You´d have to be on a 24 hour lookout browsing every online stockist during sale season.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

why? you can buy MMM side zips for $200 if you're patient

I have never seen this.

Looks like no stitches on the garments and the boots look like plastic copies, the toes look more bulbous than usual

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Reaction score
Is a size 43 in MMM gats the same as 43 in MMM side zip boots?

24thHamlinGent

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about wearing more mustard yellow, wine, turquoise or gray colored straight cut chino's rolled up with oversized solid or minimal graphic print tees and moccasin or medallion style boots...not sure how random that it but I was just thinkin..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads