1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

yeah it's called reddit

1 person likes this.
  2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I also hate reading through 3 screens of "bump" posts to see if there are any updates. Or thread titles that look promising and then out of the entire cool list of MMM, Raf, Jil, OG Helmut Lang, AA everything is sold except an American Apparel T-shirt.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    4 people like this.
  3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

when i first joined this place, i bought an express sweater from b&s for ten bucks.

so proud

3 people like this.
  4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I had assumed that the new platform would bring in a bunch of noobs who would be happy to pick up the older member's hand me downs, even if it is just old JCrew/Gap/H&M/Zara stuff for example. In a sense, I don't see it as a crappy item that someone's looking to get rid of, I see it as someone who's been around SF for a while who has developed some level of taste and bought that item but then moved on so it's sort of like a filter where noobs can get dressed in a somewhat SF approved way for super cheap off the MSPR. I agree that the new B&S setup has basically no movement now but I'm honestly surprised. I really thought there would be a massive flood of new people that would help clear out anything for sale out there. Instead, I'm even seeing pretty good items sitting for months. And I'm talking reputable members offering well regarded items in great condition for reasonable (?) prices.

maybe this whole thing is hinged on a simple problem. Everyone is scoping out everyone elses' sales but doesn't want to buy until their own stuff sells.

5. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

4 people like this.
  6. Nil

Nil Senior member

What's the deal with all these watch sellers on eBay from Singapore? I'm looking for a Seiko and all the cheapest vendors seem to be from there. They have 99%+ positive feedback with several thousand sales, so I'm prone to think they're legit but buying stuff from Asia always makes me wary of bootlegs.

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

8. ReversoLover

ReversoLover Senior member

9. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

That gif ceo
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I think the idea of archiving something if it doesn't move in 1-2 months is a good idea, maybe it can be unarchived if the price is dropped like 30%? I unno

I'm also sick of seeing the same undesirables at the same prices

Also, a couple of you guys complaining about your stuff not moving (Jet, Nahneun, etc) would really be advised to actually put up pictures and either start out at reasonable price points or drop occasionally

1 person likes this.
  11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I have a pair of helmut Lang inside out denim that reached a low 60 cad so I archived them.
    Good choice.

12. jet

jet Senior member

um I do have pictures?

There should be none of this junk posted for sell in the classifieds. None of it has any resell value, it's not what people are looking for or is it in line with the forum's demographic and only serves to clog up and bury desirable items that are worth a damn. Throw it away or donate it, it's worthless.

1 person likes this.
  13. sipang

sipang Senior member

Fuck this I'm not dropping prices like a madman. Do you know how many hours of my life I've spent photographing those stupid coats and those stupid shoes on a white background, planning elaborate close ups, struggling with my pos p&s and my worthless lamp to have semi decent lighting in the middle of the night. I'll bump my stuff into eternity.

9 people like this.
  14. 1969

1969 Senior member

I'm curious if annual membership is growing? It seems like newbs drive the B&S cycle but it's definitely come to a crawl so I wonder if that's why? Also, I'd guess about 3 years ago the massive kopping of higher priced goods took off and I think some people (me included) found that you might have to eat that thing you thought you'd flip if it didn't work out. Overall prices are out of whack though...you can find most stuff new for 75% off retail which makes used clothing worth pennies on the dollar unless you can find that one buyer who wants something unique and happens to be your size.

EDIT check my sig for an example of trying to damn near give away something for months.

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I've found no correlation between the price or ballerness of an item and the amount of lowballs or absurd rationales I receive in my inbox.

16. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Yo you still got that bike jacket wit the stripe

17. sipang

sipang Senior member

Hmmmm I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to

Sure it was me ?

18. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

edited for posterity

19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Could make clicking the bump button decrease the price by 5%. Hold your price and fall deep into the pages or decrease your price and jump back to the top.

20. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

This is why I'm only buying retail. I see it, I sleep on it for 4 or 5 days ...then I buy it. There is no way in hell I am selling anything I buy at retail anywhere. The only thing I might sell here is some old jewelry thats about it

I don't know why you guys stuff doesn't move, I've had nothing but good experiences. Never had a piece go more than 2 weeks. Despite this I don't want to live constantly selling things 40, 50, 60% off what I paid so I just buy stuff I know I will enjoy for a long time, of course I have a certain personality that makes this easy for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.