• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you're a Lifestyler... you shouldn't be here alone this late

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For quite a while Haider was really just some draped fabric and a backwards cardigan or two held together with some intelligent belting, so coming up with your own looks wouldn't be horribly challenging if you're so inclined.

Really excited to see all the discussion about YSL - will have to jump in myself later today with some more fleshed out thoughts, probably in the Runway thread lest it get lost lost in the chatter here.

Mmmh I don't really remember the runway show but the men's collection had some really nice kimono inspired tailored blazers and jackets, silk cropped trousers etc that made for pretty streamlined silhouettes, I'm guessing you're talking about the women's stuff ? And yeah, 70% of the appeal is in the fabrics / colors so DYIing it kinda misses the point.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know he had done menswear, so I'm referring mainly to the women's stuff. The appeal for Haider is definitely in the fabrics, though his most recent (and very excellent) collection has demonstrated his aptitude for a few tailored pieces. I've always been drawn to his darker stuff so the colours aren't as important to me, I guess. Nothing stopping you from buying womenswear pieces and deconstructing them for the fabrics though ;)

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread went from premium SL to some MIC gilt ****, wtf

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

http://ny.racked.com/archives/2012/10/01/cast_your_vote_for_nycs_best_menswear_store.php

This was already posted in the Epaulet thread but I'm reposting it here because J Crew appears to be currently in the lead and I don't think any of us want that to happen. Please get out the vote, guys!

wow I wonder what really cool guy posted "lol no Nepenthes no vote" this morning he sounds like a really awesome guy. probably super handsome too with good cooking skills even

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a nice pair of boots today for a good price..decided to hold out and buy better ones.

It was a tough, but good feeling.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attention sz S / 9US People

I will be putting up a large sale thread sometime this week, and attempting to liquidate a lot of the big pieces I don't wear as muh as I used to. If you're interested at all in the bigger ticket stuff (W+H all black varsity, electric blue Junya CdG jacket, viberg chukkas for a couple hundred less than retail) PM me (nudes) for preferrential treatment.

I will be accepting trades.

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How do I browse on barneys.com? Seriously, is there any browser that will display the pages correctly? Total garbage website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads