1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

as horrible as the alden thread is, is it weird that i kind of want a pair of alden indy boots?

[​IMG]

2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

I've never gotten Devoa. It almost never looks good worn, and the pieces I've handled/tried on haven't blown me away. The fabrics are in the vein of all the artisan brands, and the anatomic seaming doesn't seem any more special than the shifted armhole on my luxire shirts.

Also high rise pants are the best.

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

if you're gonna buy aldens, buy alden seconds from theshoemart. most of the seconds have only cosmetic imperfections that will become invisible with wear.

5. kraands

kraands Senior member

Ugh, same here. Currently waiting for the "21 day pending period" to end on two items I just sold. What a bunch of non-sense.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i'll have to check that out! actually planning to cop in the spring when i get my tax return. will be able to wear to my real job starting in the summer, so a smart purchase imo.

also, brought my walk overs to a cobbler today, finally getting them fixed after the last cobbler removed the mid sole. $70 down the drain. probably not worth it for $200 shoes or whatever, but I don't like wasting shit and the uppers definitely have life in them still.

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

i bought a pair of walk overs for $100 off yoox but hated the profile. way too blobby. if you want a replacement, there's a bunch of cheap pairs up now.

1 person likes this.
  8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yeah, i know i could get a replacement cheap (actually almost copped a pair of mcnairy's off sufu) but it seems silly to "waste" these when the uppers are fine. i have no problem with the profile but can totally understand why it would be off putting. i wore them all the time before the botch job of a resole.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  9. superego

superego Senior member

anyone seen the moncler w (moncler x white mountaineering) stuff anywhere online aside from END and blue in green? have a hunch I'd have better luck in japan

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  10. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Thanks for the tip, but I work from home most of the time and I don't really go out to eat all that often. :confused:

11. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

I don't think anyone asked.

12. Bam!ChairDance

I still have yet to touch a Devoa garment. There don't seem to be any stockists on the east coast, though

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

It's almost as if we're posting in a thread where we all volunteer opinions on random fashion topics.

7 people like this.
  14. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Eh, Devoa isn't about blowing you away. It's all about attention to detail; patternmaking and farbric selection. It's not really a stretch for the fabrics to be reminiscent of other artisanal brands is it? Daisuke has always focused on organic textiles and fabric treatments. That may not be too appealing.

But their anatomic tailoring is lacklustre? Surely you're joking.

[​IMG]

15. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Please don't get in touch with me

16 people like this.
  16. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

17. Bam!ChairDance

I guess this means my post about synth being ryan gosling's new stylist reached the front page

3 people like this.
  18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I need to contact synth.

Please help.

1 person likes this.
  19. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

So last night I totalled my girlfriends car. I'm 99% sure my insurance won't cover it and I'm praying her insurance covers the car and not just her driving it.

If it doesn't I'm seriously fucked. I only have a little over 5k saved up and I'm guessing the damage to the other persons car and the kbb value of my girlfriends car (2008 hounding sonata) is gonna be around 25k.

If her insurance doesn't cover it I will have to sell my car and some of my clothes. Most likely gonna have to part with my toj1 and a2. I also had one on the way I might ask Charlie if I can cancel my order if it hasn't been made yet.

Before people ask why I was driving her car, we were on a weekend trip going biking. Her car has a bike rack mine doesn't. And she asked me to drive her car.

Moral of the story people is don't drive others cars. I've done this for years without ever getting in an accident. Last night my luck ended and now I'm fucked.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.