• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any city worth living in is like this; unfortunately in the US that's NYC and Miami and maybe one or two others. Don't you have at least one club that runs 9 am - 3 pm on sundays too?

Well, those places where you can keep partying from morning to noon/afternoon are called "afters" here. There are some in my city, or so I´d think, but probably kinda shady. THe big cities have better "afters" to go once you are kicked outta the clubs.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing. All of them were recommended by locals who apparently knew the scene.
They all played US hiphop like Flo Rida, 50 cent etc. It's better than clubs that play Lady Gaga for sure, but still commercial and the people were not really there for the music. Of course there's underground clubs for the heads everywhere. I made a broad generalization.
I imagine Tokyo is pretty good though.

Was just in all three of those cities two months ago. While the music generally wasn't great (hiphop / mainstream EDM ie. Guetta), they definitely did not close early. Was at some places until 6, 7 or 8 in the morning.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Campus police off campus? Say what?
This college party talk is worse than car/music/food/whatever.

fo real

**** after hours i need my sleep

DXB

Reaction score
All the after hours in Toronto are like scenes from films set in some dystopian future. Smoking indoors, illegal gambling, cocaine dealers and thugs.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just in all three of those cities two months ago. While the music generally wasn't great (hiphop / mainstream EDM ie. Guetta), they definitely did not close early. Was at some places until 6, 7 or 8 in the morning.
Now that you mention it, I have some vague memories of going out in Beijing in the middle of the week and coming back to the hotel at around 7. The club was pretty packed too. Met some girls that went directly to class after the night was over, haha.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

Every time I visit the Y-3 store in Soho I wonder why nobody is talking about the brand. Decent prices and cool designs. Is it the association with Adidas that kills interest here?

lots of reasons:

- it's really not that cheap
- adidas assocation
- historically Y-3 has produced nothing but total dogshit - just horrible tacky branded ****
- the most available items are still the tackiest things

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Every time I visit the Y-3 store in Soho I wonder why nobody is talking about the brand. Decent prices and cool designs. Is it the association with Adidas that kills interest here?

I've wondered the same thing. I really like some of their stuff for comfortable/work out outfits.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
because i go to school in a real city, our college cops are real cops - guns, they patrol a big area of the city, can arrest. also because of that they don't give a **** if you're drinking in public because they have crackheads to roust.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And we were so close to being past this topic...

__CB__

Reaction score

- the most available items are still the tackiest things

This. Most stores have horrible Y-3 buys, almost nothing without the massive logo plastered all over.

You really do have to go to check out one of their own stores to find the better pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads