1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrTony92

MrTony92 Senior member

The last two remind me of old underwear and soiled diapers

1 person likes this.
  2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It's the same one, just front and back.

3. MrTony92

MrTony92 Senior member

Ahh it looked like a slightly different colour to me. At least the front pocket matches well with those elbow patches...

4. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i do blue with black all the time i blame BCD i have 3 pairs of black shoes looking for a fourth already. most of the time i don't think people even know i'm wearing blue because the blues are so dark colored.

but if you mean as in blue for denim yea i can kind of see what you mean but i do that too :). i usually do a black top dark blue chino's with black shoes.

edit to fuel some more fire i also wear black socks and 60% of the time you will see sock.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  5. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one, Teg. I have a pretty long neck, and I find it almost universal that I look better when I wear things that help to minimize neck length (shawl collars, outwear with collars popped, etc.)

Everybody has their unique body issues; tall, short, big thighs, wide hips, the list goes on. We accommodate for them in various ways, unless, you know, you're chiseled like a Greek God (i.e. Sipang).

I've had great success with midnight blue and black. Just different that you can tell one piece from another, but similar enough to be harmonious.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I like black and navy a lot, but not really lighter blue or electric blue or something

7. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

I had a dream last night that I finally bought an SNS Stark. I think it's time [​IMG]

8. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Blue/Black def work but agree blue pant/black shoe looks terrible for the most part (has to be some exceptions like black slacks with midnight blue jil creeper derbies or similar).

Realtalk though one of my fav combos is probably midnight of dark navy mixed with cobalt or royal blue, and always tend to go heavier on the dark one (garment/volume wise).

9. DLester

DLester Senior member

that was on the Margiela site in 50 at half off, I was tempted but it seemed excessive to own the same jacket in both black and blue.

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

Black and blue look great together. I do it all the time. Looks especially good with a white shirt. The military has been doing it forever.

1 person likes this.
  11. Meis

Meis Senior member

You say it like there's much of an option. Even in most bigger non-NYC cities real tailors are pretty rare.

1 person likes this.
  12. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I have three turtlenecks. They make you look super sophisticated. They're also too hot to wear at work or at a bar or a restaurant or pretty much anywhere that isn't outside, so they get limited use [​IMG]

This is actually a problem with pretty much everything I try to wear in fall and winter. Turn the heat down plz

13. Nil

Nil Senior member

I think I might just need to break mine out tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  14. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I have two turtlenecks, one light black one and one thick Branquinho black with white pattern. I don't think they're supper dressy but they look good with a leather jacket.

1 person likes this.
  15. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Well the name is "Angels Cleaners and Alterations", but I didn't want to type that all out, but now thanks to you my plan has been foiled.

Joking aside, I think a relationship with a tailor you can trust is a magical thing. I know that if she thinks she won't be able to work with something or accomplish what I want she'll tell me right from the start. I've taken all my technical clothing to her for hemming and alterations and they've all turned out exactly how I wanted.

It's the fashion equivalent of finding the barber/hair stylist you trust.

16. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I know the one you are talking about, this one though is SS14, It is a lighter blue while the one half off was navy

17. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

GODDAMMIT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that feel when many clothes need repair at once :( :( :(

18. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

that's when you sell them on the sz classifieds for 90% of their retail price

8 people like this.
  19. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

friend of mine directed a short-film for a place in Norway
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  20. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

coat [​IMG]

6 people like this.