• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
what in the **** did i just watch

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a dinner tomorrow night, and am trying to decide if it's not too late for linen, or if I should bust out the tweed...

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what's weird about this time of year. It's autumn in name but feels more like spring.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm...I've always felt that autumn doesn't really 'start' until mid October here.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was rather warm during the day today, but chilly at night. We're walking to the dinner tomorrow night, so I think I'll go for wool.

I need to start wearing linen shirts with light wool knits...

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It was a chilly 72 when I left work so I had to roll up my windows a little bit on the freeway.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, what are your thoughts about Uniqlo this F/W '12

Looks like with a shop in downtown SF and the e-store Uniqlo will be as ubiquitous as H&M. Will it outgrow the latter?

Perhaps all our friends will be dressed in Uniqlo then what?
"Hey, check this new leather jacket and polo I got from Uniqlo, dude." *smirking*

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
pretty silly to worry about that, go ahead and overanalyze what i mean

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
**** cashmere brah get the nexusvii goretex cap from haven

normally I'm with you but I really don't like the shape of that. I just want a cozy ass 6 panel cap made of cashmere and I know i've definitely seen one in the past. The ervell ones look good but they only have suede and a wool/nylon blend. Maybe I'll just go for the latter?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
look at locke

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So, what are your thoughts about Uniqlo this F/W '12
Looks like with a shop in downtown SF and the e-store Uniqlo will be as ubiquitous as H&M. Will it outgrow the latter?
Perhaps all our friends will be dressed in Uniqlo then what?
"Hey, check this new leather jacket and polo I got from Uniqlo, dude." *smirking*

Doubt it. Even with expansion, it'll be YEARS before anyone who isn't in Cali, NYC, Chicago, etc. needs to worry about seeing lots of people in Uniqlo. And even for the folks in the bigger cities, it'll take some time for Uniqlo to match the number of H&M locations in those areas.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But the e-shop

I'm just wondering if that will be a success or another failed enterprise like when they tried opening their first store on the east coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads