• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
I don't get people who buy the same items but in different colors. Buying stuff would be boring and feel like a shopping list. I guess I just don't have anything that perfect yet.
I did this with AA cords, I don't necessarily regret it but I probably could've done better. However, I get a lot of mileage out of them.
Originally Posted by breakz
They sold the first run, saw a bunch of unfulfilled demand, and ordered a second run. You guys are dealing with a business, how else do you expect a business to behave?
To design a different bag in order to fulfill that demand without pissing off everyone who bought the original. Also, to not cut out the retailers that made the bag a success.
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Interesting insight, thanks!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
To use a real life example LA Guy, I have a pair of Tim Hamilton jeans which have a waist band that is around 2" too big for the jeans it's on. If I sized down on them the thighs would make the jeans unwearable. Chrono has the same pair, and the exact same problem. I don't think either of us are going to start railing on Tim Hamilton as a dumb ass though, because at the end of the day it's a very minor issue with a very good product.
Sounds more like the jeans aren't a good fit for you, not that there's anything wrong with the cut. Fat people would have problems wearing DH 19cms, doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the cut A lot of deviation can be attributed to the manufacturing as well
Originally Posted by Fuuma
APCs mang, they got it perfect.
Anything vanity sized cannot be close to perfect..... (and APC denim is boring imo)

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work in a discount clothing store that occasionally sells SF-approved brands. And every so often someone walks in wearing an outfit that could easily belong in the waywt thread.

And most of these people are really good at looking mundane despite rocking garments designed to be anything but.

I know it's said all the time that an outfit is much more than the clothes themselves, but it's really started to sink in for me. And I'm both fascinated and disappointed.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
motorcycles are less cool when you realize that you need to wear heavy leathers/armor.
that makes them more cool

they're less cool in Asia though because road rules don't mean **** here and cars win every time

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the november issue of monocle recommended cnyttan socks and when i learned that they were handlinked socks made in korea, i tracked some down in apgujeongdong.

the socks are pretty high quality. they're made of something called silket (dunno what that is) and double six nylon (dunno what that means either), but they feel great and i highly doubt that you can easily find handlinked socks for under $10.

-_- but the socks slip down really easily and make them really uncomfortable to wear. i feel like i wasted $30. definitely don't recommend.

anyways, what fuuma said earlier about mass' wardrobe is something i want to replicate. have like the perfect 20 pieces as your entire wardrobe. i think he went through a lot of trial and error as he sells a shitload of clothes in supermarket and i feel like you also need some sort of vision of the kind of style you want to pursue.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Handlinked toes on socks are more of a marketing gimmick.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i dunno. i like socks that don't have that ball of yarn next to your big toe. not a big deal, but preferable

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
you also need some sort of vision of the kind of style you want to pursue.

This is something I can't stress enough, enough if you have various styles you need to know what you're trying to do.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I think Razele's criticism can be applied to anyone who can't see the value in fits beyond what they themselves wear. Personally, I think it's fun to see fits that I'd never wear if the person puts them together very well, whether it's MC, goth ninja, or anywhere in between.

Pretty much. It's like a bunch of junkies - "I'm better because I only snort, he shoots up" "No I'm better, Heroin is O.K, Alchohol is dirty" etc etc

Just a few blogs really push it and get on my nerves. It's just fashion at the end of the day.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This is something I can't stress enough, enough if you have various styles you need to know what you're trying to do.
I know what I want but its ridiculous and a women's collection
dtl1-1.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have no idea what that is.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
anyways, what fuuma said earlier about mass' wardrobe is something i want to replicate. have like the perfect 20 pieces as your entire wardrobe. i think he went through a lot of trial and error as he sells a shitload of clothes in supermarket and i feel like you also need some sort of vision of the kind of style you want to pursue.

mass knows what he is doin with his steez, he is a natural, he just sells all that stuff for lunch money

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
I know what I want but its ridiculous and a women's collection
dtl1-1.jpg

I hate looking at abstract womens clothing like that because I love it and know I will never be able to convince and finance a girl to dress as such for me but if you find some gauzefaced girl in the chicagoland area who can fulfill this dream for you and she has a sister pm me, preferably if the hearts are positioned over her eyes so she can't see how utterly **** i'd look in the presence of a girl in full cdg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads