• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was probably posted by forum user "Ludacris" (or some varation on the word), as I know he's apparently altered and made quite a few shirts himself.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
yeah that bag... i thought it was a cool idea but then i thought wow, 200 (or however many were originally made) bags worth of cottom really couldnt help any farmers too much. so i too figured it was just a semi-scam aimed at people who get butt hurt if they see someone else with something they have. some of those posts seem to confirm my thoughts as well as the success of the marketing.
This. Whatever happened to liking the bag for what it is, or otherwise not buying it or selling it? I think that gets lost often on here. Who cares if it is/is not Limited Edition, whatever that means these days.

in other news, that one post a little bit back (from impolyt i think) pretty much condensed what ive been thinking for so long. not so much about the people from other places because i really dont go anywhere, although im sure hes probably right about it, but about these dudes that try to formulate this "perfect" matchy match style or whatever, especially with streetwear. it comes out soo unnatural
I think almost everyone goes through this at some point. I hit the wall about a year ago where I said "*******" and pared my closet down to the most bare essentials that I love. Even still, I don't wear stuff out fast enough to warrant buying 2-3 new pieces each season. But, I still will just for fun. I think in my next house, I will have a dresser for small stuff, and some hooks on the wall (vintage locker room style) just to remind myself that I really don't need any more clothes.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
It was probably posted by forum user "Ludacris" (or some varation on the word), as I know he's apparently altered and made quite a few shirts himself.
Nah, the one he's referring to was definitely posted by PinkPantser; there was an accompanying graphic showing how to take in the shirt along the side seam, through the armhole, and down the sleeve.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
The apologists in the Men Without a Country thread are too funny. "it's just a little vag!!" Meanwhile, Mauro pledges to eventually get the jean right, which I suppose is easy to say once you have everyone's money
biggrin.gif
This. Whatever happened to liking the bag for what it is, or otherwise not buying it or selling it? I think that gets lost often on here. Who cares if it is/is not Limited Edition, whatever that means these days.
Clearly, the people who bought it do. This whole thing isn't about whether or not the number of bags that exist means anything to you or me, it's about saying, "we are selling you this bag that is limited to 200 copies," and then creating 200 more. Personally, I find the situation with retailers being cut out of the next run much more fascinating and deplorable.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou

I think almost everyone goes through this at some point. I hit the wall about a year ago where I said "*******" and pared my closet down to the most bare essentials that I love. Even still, I don't wear stuff out fast enough to warrant buying 2-3 new pieces each season. But, I still will just for fun. I think in my next house, I will have a dresser for small stuff, and some hooks on the wall (vintage locker room style) just to remind myself that I really don't need any more clothes.

there's a couple Buzz Rickson's pieces that I want now if I can get my girlfriend to track them down for me in Japan; I plan to wear them with a lot of Jil Sander and Raf Simons, and some Crockett and Jones shoes I've yet to buy but have been planning on for awhile.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My closet is getting to the point of being completely filled, as well as every drawer in my room, and all my shelves...

I already got rid of tons of stuff, I mean I know someone doesn't need 25 button down shirts, but i do you know?
15 for work 10 for casual wear

Do I need 15 pairs of odd trousers? Probably not, but you have winter, summer, and the year round weight pants...

25 shoe boxes on my shelves? Prob don't need that either...

I need so many things, yet I am really really running out of room... and I have already got rid of almost everything I don't want.

The complete wardrobe is a myth!

cmsmith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
The apologists in the Men Without a Country thread are too funny. "it's just a little vag!!" Meanwhile, Mauro pledges to eventually get the jean right, which I suppose is easy to say once you have everyone's money
biggrin.gif

I also found Mauro calling them money grubbers interesting. I assume all forum affiliates are only in business to please us, not make a profit correct?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
My closet is getting to the point of being completely filled, as well as every drawer in my room, and all my shelves...

I already got rid of tons of stuff, I mean I know someone doesn't need 25 button down shirts, but i do you know?
15 for work 10 for casual wear

Do I need 15 pairs of odd trousers? Probably not, but you have winter, summer, and the year round weight pants...

25 shoe boxes on my shelves? Prob don't need that either...

I need so many things, yet I am really really running out of room... and I have already got rid of almost everything I don't want.

The complete wardrobe is a myth!

but you only wear 'a v neck, jeans, and vans' ...???

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmsmith
I also found Mauro calling them money grubbers interesting. I assume all forum affiliates are only in business to please us, not make a profit correct?
Not to mention the crate collab disaster. Not a great track record so far. Mauro is a great guy and i know you can't control everything but sucks to have the last 2 jean collabs have the problems they've had. I definitely wouldn't preorder any future collabs but wait for some reviews. Wolf and Goat shirts seem to be going really great though so that's good to hear. He must be snake bitten with collabs though

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Not to mention the crate collab disaster. Not a great track record so far. Mauro is a great guy and i know you can't control everything but sucks to have the last 2 jean collabs have the problems they've had. I definitely wouldn't preorder any future collabs but wait for some reviews. Wolf and Goat shirts seem to be going really great though so that's good to hear. He must be snake bitten with collabs though

what happened?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
biggrin.gif

What happened there? Too many threads to follow.

Personally, I find the situation with retailers being cut out of the next run much more fascinating and deplorable.
This. Considering Apolis has been buoyed by the Internet so far, I don't think it's a great idea to spurn some of the online community's favorite stores.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
A good chunk of the crate jeans were falling apart all over the place. The new ones are cut strangely and give people a nice denim ****** that apparently doesn't go away not to mention it just being a bit akward fit wise from the top block to upper thigh. A fair amount of unhappy people both times

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
but you only wear 'a v neck, jeans, and vans' ...???

so im told......
i have none of those on right now though...
but don't worry everyone else knows what i wear much better than i do

cmsmith

Reaction score
whoa what? i must have missed this
in the apolis/filson thread, he had a good rant on never doing business with them again edit: got the quote wrong, here it is
Originally Posted by Mauro
Here is the thing with Apolis. For being some goodie goodie holy rollers they are some ******* greedy, nasty people. A limited edition means limited. I will NEVER do business with them again. With all the fit issues with their clothes and the fake ass goodie goodie schtick when dollars are what they are after they can rot. Jesus won't forgive you either boys. Stick to sewing pink berries uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads