1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Senior member

Fucking Fendi doesn't return my texts either.

3 people like this.
  2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I thought he did it tastefully....then where kanye is bragging about all the pussy he got and Kimmel responds with "yeah, I saw the video" was pretty good. He probably got a months supply of material from the reaction

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Obvious hyperbole sends obedient masses into calculated PR frenzy.

4. jet

jet Senior member

wait is this the backlash to the backlash?

I love sf, so predictable.

4 people like this.
  5. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

This is an awful post. Don't criticize the behaviour/art of a guy because he hasn't beaten a woman (even though with all eyes on him, his idea of a song about his girlfriend is called "the perfect bitch")? Who exactly was pretending Chris Brown is important? Blah blah blah oil spills?

You embarrass yourself with both references to Beethoven ("probably worse" and "relevant" :lol: ). Ever been to a symphony or listened to a soundtrack?

I won't blather another word on this unworthy subject but there is a critical difference between "taking flak" and "not deserving it."

3 people like this.
  6. zapatiste

zapatiste Senior member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness

Why didn't you come say hello ??

What a terrible bore ! I rather hear Beethoven's tales of debauchery

Thinking of listing this exclusive button on b&s for €1500

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

haha sorry shah, but I'm pretty sure this guy was Asian and like 20

8. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

In other news I'm back, again...

4 people like this.
  9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

On the outside...?

2 people like this.
  10. habitant

habitant Senior member

I don't understand how people believe kanye is talented. He just experiments a little bit and people thinks it genius. My 4 year old can make better beats than him. Lyrically he's awful. Just another mainstream pop act.

big deal right?

11. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Correct. Been out a while just haven't been posting.

1 person likes this.
  12. reedobandito

OK yes lyrically he often leaves something to desire, but if your 4 year can make better and more creative beats than him, then shit, get him into a recording studio STAT

1 person likes this.
  13. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

HAAAAAAAAN

THAT AIN'T KANYE

14. superego

superego Senior member

kanye is an obviously emotionally reactive and fragile dude...and kimmel responds with an easy joke that wasn't even really funny, and then continues to bully the guy. I mean, I get the guy needs to eat, but it's just shitty continuing to poke someone you know is going to respond.

the thing I find kinda fascinating about all of this though is how disparate responses to guys like kanye, TO or lebron tend to be...I mean, they're all talented, but even beyond that, I personally like and respect aspects of the ego and braggadocio--it feels more simply youthful and spirited than anything threatening. it goes without saying, a lot of other folks find it obnoxious and something other than any of them simply expressing themselves in an overt and charged way.

3 people like this.
  15. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

I'm a bit offended that you need to jump to such a harsh tone so quickly, but whatever. You might be responding to some other post I made on another forum that doesn't exist (who knows), but I never once suggested Kanye is or ever was a blameless human being. I simply said it's silly how Kanye receives such vitriol for being nothing more than a self-important jerk (there is criticism embedded in that label btw) whereas it's completely normal for our culture to forget shit like John Lennon or Morgan Freeman or Charlie Sheen beating women, or to forgive people of actual importance (such as newsworthy people like our lawmakers) for doing fucked up shit.

The oil spill bit was hyperbole. A joke. I'm glad you picked up on that. Oh, and who ever mentioned Chris Brown in the first place? RIiiiiiight.

You're either drunk, stupid, or illiterate because I also never said Beethoven was a worse musician. I said his flights of drunken rage were probably worse exhibits that a human being could display than, say, being Kanye West. I'm not a "fan" of classical music, but it's the only other radio station I'll listen to when I'm in the car. That doesn't mean it's particularly relevant to contemporary culture though. Anyway, the only reason this is part of the discussion is because I just wanted to compare impotent male rage between the two men (Beethoven and Kanye) and how we respond to their actions. Maybe it was unnecessary to bring up whether classical music is "relevant," but I don't really care because there's no argument here: it's not. (That doesn't mean it has no significance, be that cultural or historical, but this discussion is waaaay less engaging than talking about Kanye West.)

Thank you, that's very thoughtful of you.

Oh. I thought you were?—didn't you say?—oh well. Anyway, I didn't say anything about who deserves what. I was just pointing out how there's this peculiar—though not inexplicable (because: racism)—fetish about Kanye's ego. Why does it make people so impassioned? Why does this get talked about more in such a viciously disapproving way when, at the same time, actually important and actually despicable shit gets shrugged off?

10 people like this.
  16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

sand in vaginas and hurt butts

2 people like this.
  17. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I kinda love this.

18. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

Who: I appreciate that you actually take time to think about this stuff in threads. I generally choose to not engage, and sometimes it's nice to have someone actually speak up.

9 people like this.
  19. reedobandito

I am SO EXCITED for Arcade Fire's new album

20. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

October: Bad Plus and Tera Melos within a three-day span

also insanely jealous because friends back home got to see Toe tonight, which is probably the band I most want to see live, besides... Bad Plus and Tera Melos

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.