• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapp

Reaction score
So I've gotten rid of tons of shirts over the last few months that had been accumulating and now I'm more or less left with all of the solid colored tees that I've stocked up on the last couple months that have worked well in the summer, but they're getting boring on their own. Since I'm still nubbish, any advice on what shirts (brand, style, or otherwise) I should look at since fall and winter are around the corner? Got a few Uniqlo l/s shirts when I was in the UK over summer that I like, but I'll hopefully get something versatile for classes and going out.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got one of those Muji multi color recycled (maybe? don't remember really) yarns tees from a couple years back.
Good quality. Feels pretty sturdy. Runs really small though. Went up one size and still a bit small after washing.

They don't have it on their webstore any longer so maybe they've changed.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dad just bought some 24oz raw denim on impulse. Put them on and asked me why the were so stiff and warm.
He then got worried when I told him they would bleed indigo all over the place, including on the white tv sofa. Said that all he wanted was comfortable jeans.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually sort of glad I didn't invest in a pair of white CPs just yet, I have no idea how to take care of white shoes. After like a month, my Svenssons are absolutely covered in dirt, dark dark beer, grass stains, maybe a little vomit, mixers and so on.
Still happy with em tho

You take care of white sneakers by not caring...they're sneakers afterall

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You take care of white sneakers by not caring...they're sneakers afterall

Sometimes I like the sneakers to be nice and white.

It's not difficult to get them white again. A cloth and some soap will clean them, then put a bit of leather conditioner on so they don't dry out too much from the soap.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dad just bought some 24oz raw denim on impulse. Put them on and asked me why the were so stiff and warm.
He then got worried when I told him they would bleed indigo all over the place, including on the white tv sofa. Said that all he wanted was comfortable jeans.

Lol! I assume he went to a brick and mortar store? Why didn't he try them on first?! Are they iron heart or nudie; they are the only two I can think of that make that weight of denim.
I feel bad for your sofa :laugh:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was some local store. They are actually Lee 101, so the quality is so-so for the price. Not up to Japanese standards.
He said he tried them on in-store but they looked cool and he was stressed, haha.

I then held a small lecture on raw denim and showed him Blue in Green. Since then he's been talking non-stop about getting a pair of Samurai's next time he's in NYC. What have I done?
confused.gif

He's actually SF-approved circa 2006 (?). Wears J.crew OCBDs and Clark DBs with selvedge denim
tounge.gif

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
porter now has undercover and undercover x nike, missoni, white mountaineering, and alexander wang!

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... and Neighbourhood and Opening Ceremy.

You might mention that they're all "coming soon" so people don't head over there looking for nonexistent stock.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Mr.Porter is my absolute favorite site, best customer service I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Nothing but positive experience since I started buying from them.

I don't read fashion blogs or keep up with anything and I am sure this has been posted but damn Margiela SS13 is my ****, whole lot of white/cream and surprisingly it gives an island vacation/ relaxed fit feel to me, which is a big plus, and the clothes look remarkably wearable for everyday use.

Sans the footwear, I need this whole fit in my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads