1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Doesn't everyone aspire to look like the Forward model with the forehead tattoo?

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

Especially so out here in techdork land.

If you are selling cars, the guy you want to see on your lot is wearing techdork fleece vest, floppy jeans, heinous sneakers, and id badge attached by tether to belt loop but no belt. If you see someone in a suit, tell him to beat it or you will call security.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  4. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I know I'm hardly the most up-to-date guy, but where has Suzuki Daiki been all my life? Damn, Engineered Garments' stuff is nice...

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Isaora always has that crazy deal on their official website, except it only makes me skeptical of their quality. Not to mention their fit is quite wonky :/

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Whenever I see a cool EG fit or someone mentions it here, I return to context's selection only to be reminded that the brand isn't made for tall weedy dudes. Boo

1 person likes this.
  7. superego

superego Senior member

EG is one of those things I've admired from afar thus far...tried a couple of the workshirts last fw and just ended up looking like the fanciest hobo on the block.

anti-fit isn't for everyone, but I think anti-fit coupled with wide shoulders = hobo-fit

against my better judgement, have my eye on the shoulder cape, and a couple of other jackets this season though

8. jet

jet Senior member

someone buy my floral bucket

9. superego

superego Senior member

I had a vision of a pair of textured (either a very subtle pattern and/or weave of the fabric) black trousers, likely in wool or cotton...anyone seen anything like this?

10. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

No. Textured black trousers do not exist, never have existed, and will never exist.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Try a bedford or Baker jacket. They are the gateway drugs - sorta like the Stark cardigan is for S.N.S. Herning - easy to wear, look good on most people, look good over most casual stuff, and really good examples of good dressed up dress down.

2 people like this.
  12. superego

superego Senior member

was looking for recs/examples, tough guy...pictures appreciated.

if anyone has examples, seems like you've gotta be near the top of the list

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Trying to pack only a carry-on for a 4.5 day trip to NYC that involves 1) a wedding and 2) a restaurant with a dress code is not conducive to nice fits. Also, being busy the whole day leading up to said dinner reservation makes life planning more complicated as I won't be able to head back and change beforehand.

Textured black trousers: Dries, Zam, Lanvin, tons of SZ type brands

1 person likes this.
  14. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

You're not really going to have any luck e-shopping, it's really hard to capture texture on black and most shops don't take the time. Look at Dries, Ann, and Margiela for normal cut trousers, and most of the SZ brands for weird J-shape, raw-edge, etc. If you're going for the former you'll probably have to just order a bunch and see what they look like IRL.

Edit: actually dries doesn't do a ton in black. KVA as well though

1 person likes this.
  15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I think you should reconsider. Having no luck with web stores ("They *are* sold online, they are *not* sold online! She's my sister -- slap! -- daughter -- slap! -- She's my sister and my daughter!") I've had a WTB ad up for a couple months, and have received numerous emails from people who know how to measure; almost all of the Mediums, as well as some of the Smalls, and even even a smattering of Larges, would be a perfect fit for you, at least in the chest. Most weren't shorter than 28-29 inches, either, so I don't think you'd look like you robbed a dollhouse, if that's your worry.

IMO, their more breezy stuff, gusting with volume, is also cut for someone taller, and I have a few pics of me looking like The Human Square! to pan that out.

Do it, Bam. Do it.

16. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

c'mon son you asked the question in a rather baroque manner, it deserved a touch of ridicule

17. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I foresee one of these in the future.

Bam! I've seen some of the jackets look good on taller, skinny dudes...pants less so. And the shirts I tried were a disaster.

18. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Luckily, I am a short, not-so-weedy dude. Given that most other things in the fashion universe are made for tall, thin people, it's only fair that we get nice things occasionally... [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Mr. Suzuki himself is 6' IIRC and he designs clothes that fit him so I would say its fine to be tall and wear EG.

20. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

hey, it's you guys (well, technically me too i guess, though i'm on the cusp on the older end)

Millennial Males Are Brand Conscious Yet Rebel Against Mass Culture
    Survey from Complex Media Details Rise of 'Bespoke Male'

http://adage.com/article/special-re...2013/millennial-males-brand-conscious/244308/

Not sure I'd say this "contradicts many assumptions about millennial males." Can't really figure out which assumptions he means. Would love to know if they asked that 81% who'll pay more for "quality" what they think "quality" means. It is also a study by Complex about Complex's core demographic that reinforces what Complex already thinks, so keep that in mind.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.