1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habitant

habitant Senior member

looks like the dude has a giant vagina

1 person likes this.
  2. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

+1 to the bracelets mello.

2 people like this.
  3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

so back to the topic of teger interviews, I've decided he should do them nardwuar style. i'm not sure yet if i'm serious.

5 people like this.
  4. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Mr. Porter gets a bad rep for their bland/basic buys and the newsletters, but I continue to be impressed with their customer service. If they sprinkled in some interesting stuff they would instantly be my favorite shop

1 person likes this.
  5. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Well it's ok to complement your wardrobe too, I just don't see them buying the really interesting pieces because they cannot be paired with chinos and boat shoes or whatever. I want to get some of the basic margiela tux shirts at below retail and it's one of thr sites I'd watch during sales for that sort of thing.

6. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Yeah gonna ask for measurements before I pull the trigger. The web store doesn't seem to mention any sort of return policy...

7. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I see this from other sites too that pair dinner shirts with khakis and it is understood since they have a certain look they want to do. I scope out some basic stuff on Mr. Porter (looking at the Margiela cashmere trousers right now) and just wait them out too. I have yet to find a comparable customer service to Mr. Porter though and I do remember that when it comes to other things that I could buy

I've found the sites like Saks and B Goodman often get looked over when sale time comes around (specifically Margiela). Most of the time I can get some nice shirts under $100 and a rare nice piece at a similar crazy price since they also let you stack coupons

8. Zamb

Zamb Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hello All,

noticed some questions here

Will address several of them in the ZB thread......................

1 person likes this.
  9. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Denim Chambray work shirt: Three-stitch on shoulder and sides, chin strap, pen pocket. Feedback welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. luxire

...and while on the topic, one more:

Denim jacket, ascent pockets, leather pullers on zip, bi-swing back, selvedge side pockets and some more design goodies.

[​IMG]

11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Funny to see the workshirt mounted so elegantly, but I dig it. With the second jacket, though, there's way too much going on. To start, I'd remove the red lining and simplify the neck closure.

2 people like this.
  12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Agreed - I like the neck closure on the shirt, but the jacket's a bit 70's busy

1 person likes this.
  13. luxire

Agree with the thought on red lining. May be just one would have looked better.

These are custom made as per customer request. Trying to showcase some of our abilities on this side of the forum (being focused on classic menswear)

Working on some more work-shirt ideas. Will post again soon.

Thank you for the input.

1 person likes this.
  14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

That workshirt pattern would look good in flannel too I think.

1 person likes this.
  15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

My MMM boots have a hole in the heel of the leather lining. Less than a year old, pretty disappointing to be honest. Anyway, is there something a cobbler can do to patch it so it doesn't grow?

16. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

If they're anything like like gats, you can dump some shoo goo in there and hope for the best. I'm sure amadar has covered this in one of his superiorly photographed online guides.

RFT: I'm afraid to go ice skating in my unwashed APCs. Will this streak/fade/ruin them?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  17. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

The one thing I did wrong with my raw denim was baby them. They're made to get beat up, and will fade better with them. Go for it.

2 people like this.
  18. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

I regret bleaching mine too much. Not sure if it's worth getting another pair though. I like what raw denim has the potential to be, but I feel like there's gotta be something else out there for me besides blue jeans.

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

My favorite pair of NS's are 4 years old and have been to brazil with me = sweat and 35c weather, been pissed, puked, shitted on (dog for all 3 and human for the 1st) and had dirty dog paws on them multiple times, no to mention getting soaked during thunder storms etc. etc., last but not least a crotch blow out, which was repaired.

1 person likes this.
  20. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

At least it hasn't been declared lost (yet) but c'mon! A full week ago my package was at some postal facility just outside Toronto, having cleared customs, and it was showing that in the CanadaPost.com tracking system from which it has now been mysteriously expunged. I'll be damned if I have any idea how it recrossed the border after Canada customs signed off on it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.