1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

you're wrong about everything forever

2 people like this.
  2. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

I kiss dogs like I kiss people so the fuck what it's a free country, fuck a you.

4 people like this.
  3. stevent

stevent Senior member

I mean I'll take my dog to a outdoor place if its dog friendly, usually a few other dogs there as well.

He never gets to sleep in bed unless I just washed him and he's been a really good boy. Otherwise he just begs at edge of bed then goes to his own pillow

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

Also etiquette question, never dealt with this in the bay but LA is whack sometimes

If you are going to somebody's bday party or dinner, should you ever expect to pay part of the bill (not including parking / valet, gift and presents)? Always thought bday person pays for everything?

5. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

People who take ill-behaved dogs to public establishments are assholes, otherwise it's cool.

My dog sleeps on the bed and it owns.

2 people like this.
  6. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not just funerals, but also black and white tie. It's truly "formal" in the sense of everyone dresses according to the same form. Of course there are differences in cut and maybe a pocket square here or a boutonniere there, but yea, pretty much if you're wearing black, everybody else should be wearing black too.

Black serves this function in MC too. Or really, any dark colors do. That was kind of the point of the whole Brummell philosophy of dress. Black was not always the color of formal wear though. According to James Laver it was popularized by Bulwer-Lytton, through his novel Pelham, and pretty codified by the 1850s. But even after that there were always nonconformists. The first tuxedo jacket was a bright blue. But anyway, in addition to emphasizing silhouette, today dark colors also indicate a formal mode of dress. But it doesn't seem like here black necessarily indicates any particular mood without other clarifying cues.

1 person likes this.
  7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

that sounds fucking shitty

8. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Varies widely IME. I've experienced everything from bday person pays for everything to everyone else covers the bday person.

9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Wish I had a dog, but don't have a grass yard so I don't think it would be fair to the dog :( Been considering a cat as a consolation prize but dunno...

10. superego

superego Senior member

think the protocol is for all attendees to collectively pay for dinner/drinks/whatever for birthday boy/girl. that said, I kinda like the idea of the birthday boy/girl throwing some kind of birthday party for friends/relatives to repay for being difficult/asshole at points in the past year. a kind of 'I value you, thanks for your support' thing.

11. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Senior member

I like doing nice things for my friends and fam on my birthday. Usually involves baking cheesecakes. Just a little way of saying thanks for being awesome.

People that feel the need for a ridiculous baller birthday are probably trying to fill a hole in their soul.

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

My friends always pitch in to cover the birthday person's dinner. The birthday person usually buys the first round of drinks.

13. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

What is this "friends" thing that you speak of?

3 people like this.
  14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Man guess SV got me stuck in a crazy bubble, though it was like this in Indiana too

15. click here

click here Senior member

How would you guys stop squeaky shoes? I have a pair of spring courts and they are pretty noisy when walking

16. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

try baby powder (assuming theyre white)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  17. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Every birthday dinner I've been to everyone else covered the birthday person's bill. Although in Asian cultures the birthday person pays for everything.

18. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Depends who invites whom, right?
    I mean, if say the best friends invite other friends to celebrate a friends b-day then everybody pays for themselves and between them cover the b-day person, but if b-day person is inviting everybody to celebrate him then you could end up paying for yourself only or b-day person paying for everything.

And I think ryan troll is just a troll, get well note was too tame to be actual fanboy.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

[​IMG]

I do that daily, at restaurant I sit outside and always call a head to ask if it's okay and no grocery stores (it's illegal here).

I never had a complaint from anyone, most places the staff/waiters spend more time petting my dog than they do on me.

Oh and my dog almost always sleeps next to me in my bed.

Lol what, I live on the 4.th floor and I have a dog, as do a lot of people.

A dog doesn't get socialized or get proper exercise for that matter in a yard anyway.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  20. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What do you do instead? And what if it wants to go out real late? Then you can just open the door and let it run around...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.