• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I also support bros getting into dubstep because it furthers the likelihood of mainstream exploration of electronic music. 

have you listened to top 40 lately? all it is is boring/terrible dance pop.

what happened to rap?

teenagelightning

Reaction score
all the coke dealers around here are those old yoox frontpage model girls with the 3D stuff spinning around them

time hasn't been kind to them, and a lot of the cones and spheres that orbit them are starting to rust

the girls are still cute but you can't really talk to them, faux-italian blazers and dumpy knitwear have since leaked out of the containment cubes and into their memories

code YOOXZERO gets you 00% on or off gats from 00:00pm until never, always

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

all the coke dealers around here are those old yoox frontpage model girls with the 3D stuff spinning around them
time hasn't been kind to them, and a lot of the cones and spheres that orbit them are starting to rust
the girls are still cute but you can't really talk to them, faux-italian blazers and dumpy knitwear have since leaked out of the containment cubes and into their memories
code YOOXZERO gets you 00% on or off gats from 00:00pm until never, always

best post in ages

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
just to keep b!cd happy

ok look, i may wear a lot of americana and blazers and wingtips and **** but all the bullshit #menswear and j. crew affectations are things I have stayed away from. you won't see me wearing a dark mustard colored shirt with a suit, for instance. or leaving my collar button undone with a tie for that "cool, casual, and relaxed but still dressed up" look. or a denim jacket under a blazer. or go sockless with leather shoes.

the difference may not be grand canyon-huge and I don't think I look like brad or ivwri or snowman but if you look at my fits and think "that's straight outta the j. crew catalog" then you're wrong

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tru dat
you can spot a menswear type from a mile away. colourful socks an all.
i saw this guy in line at the coffee shop and he hiked up his pants just so ppl could see his fuchsia coloured socks.

I will never defend the blazer/hoodie combo, ever ever ever
And if anyone dares, show them the movie Shame:

still have to watch this but im too embarrassed to watch it and have someone walk in :eek:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thought bros getting into #menswear is like the teenage chicksgetting into crossfit and making exercise tumblrs where they post their workouts and inspirational **** like "I am strong" and "fit>skinny" and pictures of fit chicks as "fitspo" (i discovered this when I purged my tumblr follow list and i was trying to find good fitness tumblrs--they don't really exist).

It's like, that level of self obsession/discipline/hardcoreness makes them focus on having a healthy diet and exercise rather than starving themselves, which, in and of itself changes their relationship to both food (as fuel) and the way they percieve their body (a tool for action, rather than something to be looked at) and thus heads off an eating disorder. This is my totally unsubstantiated viewpoint as I don't know anything about eating disorders, but I could see it working out that way.

Anyway, that's how i percieve #menswear bros. Once they become a #menswear clone they're at least thinking critically enough about their fashion choice/getting exposed to alternate styles that they have to mediate a variety of influences to hopefully come up with something "personal"

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tru dat
you can spot a menswear type from a mile away. colourful socks an all.
i saw this guy in line at the coffee shop and he hiked up his pants just so ppl could see his fuchsia coloured socks.
still have to watch this but im too embarrassed to watch it and have someone walk in
redface.gif
its one of the best movies ever made (although i wouldn't watch it again). very intense psychological film that'll leave you thinking and debating. there isn't as much sex as the reviews and trailers will make you believe and most of the scenes in the film are implied. really suggest you give it a look.

costume dept had an easy time making the ceo look like a huge doucher

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i read about this(Shame) and 'sleeping beauty' with emily browning.
something about feeling the characters pain because hes an addict (in shame)

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol bcd first image that popped into my head re blazerhoodie

Fassbender is the man ps

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good synopsis. I suppose I picked up on these themes while reading the novel, but would never have been able to explain them so eloquently. My initial reaction was immediately after I had closed the novel, but I feel a bit differently about it after giving some thought to it. I still love NLMG though.
Reading Lolita next

Never, ever has a book made me laugh as hard as Lolita did. It's one of my favorites, hope you enjoy it.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i read about this(Shame) and 'sleeping beauty' with emily browning.
something about feeling the characters pain because hes an addict (in shame)
his addictions don't affect anyone but himself. i wouldn't necessarily call what he goes through an addiction, rather he has chosen a lifestyle as a way to cope with his troubled past. just watch it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads