1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I've pretty much given up on measurements for a lot of stuff. I just buy everything in small (or medium in jp sizing). Rarely is something too small and nothing is too big, only oversized!

1 person likes this.
  2. sipang

sipang Senior member

^ satori

3 people like this.
  3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I know Acne as a design firm / ad agency. One day I saw jeans with their logo and thought "hmm, they actually did it". I've always heard (graphic) designers talk about creating their own products vs. just providing services for clients, but very few actually carry out their ideas, let alone succeed.

3 people like this.
  4. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Wow, surprised about Acne. Parker can you explain a bit on what they do as an ad agency and "providing services for clients" -- I could pm if this clutters the thread

Sidenote: going to be on a loong style stagnation since tuition is extra expensive this year, almost can't attend haha

Any one have experience negotiating/ talking to financial administrators? :(

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Talk to them in person. I had a huge drop in financial aid my second year for really stupid reasons, but I managed to get a lot of it back by going to speak with my financial aid adviser. You'll probably have to go through an appeals process, but it's VERY beneficial to speak with them in person. Email doesn't work quite as well.

6. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

That's good advice. I wish I even knew what my budget was for the coming school year. Canadian schools don't even notify students of the need based bursaries they've been awarded until like October.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  7. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Locavorist fashion would work super if you live in Oklahoma!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(s/t brad's tumblr)

8. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Siki Im bros. Fits me the same way.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i bet the jacket would look 10x better sized up 1,

2 people like this.
  10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Like any agency, they create campaigns (tv spots, print ads, digital promo, etc) for different clients. They've really expanded since I first heard of them. Actually I was more familiar with their design arm and mag. This WSJ article explains how they got into the fashion biz. I didn't realize they started in the 90s, I think I first saw their jeans in 2003 or 04.

feel free to pm me if you want.

11. diniro

diniro Senior member

Pretty sure I posted those originally in the TOJ thread. I was there. The phrase I used the most that night was "that shit don't even make sense." Needless to say, I took full advantage of the open bar.

Looking forward to next year.

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

This chart makes zero sense. Since when does 11 = 42.5 or 27.9? Should be 11 = 44 = 29

13. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ that is definitely way f'd up...

14. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Thanks for the advice! It'll be a while till I get a chance to see them so it's just worrying at this point (no email responses either). Glad it went well for you :slayer: and you have nice jawnz now so its all good

Thanks! I just finished reading it -- got a lot more respect for Acne despite not really liking a majority of their clothes. Amazing how they started from scratch pretty much to 100 mil turnover - wonder what the profit margins are like haha

also i think that was a women's footwear sizing chart

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  15. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Looking at other sizes it is wrong. However for my size its pretty accurate. My foot measures about 10.5-6 inch and I use 9-9.5 us and 41.

16. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Yeah the chart works surprisingly well for me based on what I own, but, SURPRISE, everybody has a slightly different body and not all shoes are created equal.

I'm a 42 in DESIGNER shoes, a 10.5 in Nike (only US-sized thing I have to gauge it by) and somewhere between a 27-28 in Japanese sizing.

It's not a women's chart because for them 6=36, 7=37, etc.

2 people like this.
  17. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

18. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  19. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

USPS lost EMS package. Rakuten seller doesn't understand me when I say it is lost. Supervisor at USPS is a bitch and insists her employee gave it to me, but forgot to scan it and refuses to even have a conversation with me.

I'm hesitant to file a paypal claim and potentially piss off a seller that I frequently buy from, since they seem to think I just need to go pick it up from the post office. Thats silly of me right? Plus it should be insured since its EMS, even though I only paid $12 shipping?

Ideally I'd rather make the insurance claim myself but the phone number they told me to call doesn't give any options about insurance

20. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

USPS once lost a package I overnighted somewhere. They had a signature on file and knew the name of the person they delivered it to, but it wasn't the recipient listed on the package, and the person didn't even live at the delivery address. Long story short, I ended up in a three-way call with the local office and the main consumer affairs office that ended with the consumer affairs person telling me she couldn't believe how USPS had screwed up so bad. So there you have it. Even USPS thinks USPS sucks.

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.