Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Agreed, I actually would sooner shell out for some of those collab pieces than most of the stuff I've seen for his own line. Kudos to him.

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Fall stuff from Robert Geller looks really good to me. There's already like three things I want from Blackbird.

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Not feeling the fencing shirts, they don't look substantial enough to me. I like that suit though.

4. APK

APK Senior member

I feel like I spend 11 hours daily on this site. Yet because of a fairly radical change in desired wardrobe aesthetic and limited disposable income, I've been working off a rotation all summer of basically a pair of shorts, jeans, and five blank tees. Peasant status personified.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I'm more concerned with most that I have seen have typical suit style pockets and not slanted outerwear style.

very true. i'm also not sure about the ridiculous hour glass shapes of some. did they ease off on some of the tapering?

6. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

there aren't many things made by Acne i wouldn't mind owning.

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I like some Acne stuff for the cuts, mainly just the black jeans and some other pants, but my god is their quality atrocious and their fabrics utter shit.

They also missed the boat big time on that Lanvin collabo; some of the stuff was interesting, but it was supposed to be Lanvin at Acne prices and not vice versa, people already think Acne is overpriced, and as I mentioned their fabrics and quality notoriously shitty.

8. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

i guess i just see it in waywt and really am impressed with the fit... never having seen it in person

i just like those chinos, i have 511's now... but they aren't really built for movement . i think i want something slimmer than 'slim fit' chinos but not skinnny like 511's. i have seen the april 77 chinos as well.

i really should just look into having 15 dollar dickies cropped and tapered.

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Dickies wouldn't be very satisfying, the fabric is high in poly. Honestly I'd just look for a low rise chino from a cheap brand like H+M, Banana Republic, Gap, whatever is on sale. Could grab some Uniqlos or something too. Just taper aggressively from the inseam and you'd probably not do badly.

10. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

i am not a coastal American... so uniqlo is a no go. i thought they made 100 percent cotton dickies... maybe i need to look into it more.

i thought getsmart mentioned wearing some as an inexpensive alternative to sta-prests a while back .

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

I already got a warning on The Fashion Spot after 3 posts.

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^invite me to join justin!

13. coretic

coretic Well-Known Member

Robert Geller does a better job for Levi's than he does on his own line.

Agreed.I want the parka and bibbed denim shirt more than anything from his own line,well I like the blue cardigan and plaid shirt but thats it really.

On another note,Phillip Lim/Richard Chai can have solo mens fashion shows in NY,Tim Hamilton is showing again in NY(hes on the roster),Odyn Vovk can show.. yet Patrik Ervell is not showing - Im hoping hes not broke , I feel after fw09 hes finaaally deviating from air jacket / harrington overload.
    I mean he has to be in a better position than Odyn Vovk , he has had 2 CFDA nominations this year alone.

14. coretic

coretic Well-Known Member

ps : I dont know how this shit works - just that its a big expense to show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.