1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Here is an example of my description:

Bam. Done.

2. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

stop bitching and eat your damn meat.

3. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Razele maybe?

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

See my earlier post

5. SAAUZ

SAAUZ Member

I am wearing Armani Jeans and D & G shirts......:)

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

[​IMG]

7. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Got it resolved, thanks guys!

1 person likes this.
  8. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

Went shopping in Chicago yesterday, was very fun. Living in a smaller town you get to read about all these brands but you only get to go off the opinions of others. It was nice being able to handle stuff in person/try it on.

Someone recommended Independence to me, and it blew me away. Loved it there, ended up with a Merz henley and an Anvil tee, but tried on a ton of stuff including a Cabourn jacket.

1 person likes this.
  9. Nil

Nil Senior member

Is there boning?

3 people like this.
  10. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

So what kind of opportunities still lie in fashion these days? I thought about opening a consignment store one day to just be able to see awesome clothes get passed on to awesome people but that seems quite impossible now seeing that no one really wants to buy anything

11. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

were they on sale? i have my eye on some pieces.

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Oh, there's boning.

1 person likes this.
  13. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

Nah, they weren't. Friend got a Velva Sheen henley for 50% off; he didn't find out until paying for it though. Sucks, I tried it on first haha.

14. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

15. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Pops took me by surprise and purchased a $760 Louis Vuitton belt (Made in Spain) that looked like $20 kenneth cole off ebay :brick: talked him into returning and getting a Lanvin and Margiela belt that both came in less than $700 and actually looked like something worth their price. Kind of surprising to see a parent that has questioned your tastes and the price of the clothing you wear buy a fucking $760 belt haha

16. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

This is not a problem I can relate to.

25 people like this.
  17. Teger

Teger Senior member

louis vuitton may be ugly and overpriced, but the quality is nothing to sneeze at. it's not as if MMM is especially well made.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  18. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

OK. Have you handled an LV belt? With my limited knowledge (I don't pretend to know much about leathers) it felt subpar to anything I've handled from Margiela to Lanvin all the way down to Banana Republic

:lol: Point taken. It was just weird to see this when I've been criticized for how much I spend on clothing by him especially

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  19. Teger

Teger Senior member

yes and i have handled mmm belts (although not lanvin). not really that much of a noticeable difference. both are the vague made in italy high end-ish designer belt style -- LV is 4x the price, but that's brand name as much as anything else. that's not to say MMM is bad quality, but i've never looked on the brand, especially these days, as especially well made.

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Lanvin belts are really nice. Of course, they are in a very different style that Margiela belts, many of which are deliberately rough and unfinished in some way. My issue with Margiela belts (and I am not alone - at least one very well regarded vendor refuses to stock Margiela for this reason) is that the prongs on the belts are generally very thin and bend too easily.

Lanvin uses some custom made buckles in matte silver that are very lux. These days, I will buy Margiela belts that have some really distinctive quality - like the double O-ring belt with the "trinkets" from SS12 that I wear all the time. I have a Lanvin belt, but while it's really nice, the Lanvin style is a bit too precious for my wardrobe, which is all denim and heavy leather, and in the winter, heavy wool, so it doesn't get that much wear. For more basic belt that have character, but are not too "jeans", I much prefer Dries van Noten to Margiela these days.

LV belts vary in quality. I've seen some very well made ones, though nothing that makes them for me, worth the price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.