• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Let's join hands and get APK that prize, people.

Also, after seeing Synth's post in that contentedness thread, he should know that I sold one of those Geller Seconds U-Necks in his size not long ago to his fellow statesmen smashwindow, in case he felt so inclined to track him down and rob him with the old finger-gun-in-the-ToJ-BBall-Jacket-pocket trick.

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

John Malkovitch has a clothing line.
O65Hz.jpg

pY42u.png

I remember reading about Technobohemian. It used to be called Nicolo Ceschi Malkovich.

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

**** just had my worst selling experience here. over a TBS code i sold lol.
end of story: buyer ******* claiming through paypal that order does not go though even if code worked and thus i am responsible. like wtf and the code expired a week ago.
******* buyer: Kaws N Effect
what a dick. ****. he could have just PM-ed first instead of going through paypal. i have escalated the dispute to paypal claim. not gonna go down without a fight.

Pretty lame to call someone out on a forum, especially after selling a free code that you weren't gonna even use
dick

Bullshit. If somebody wants to put something up for sale, regardless of how it came into their possession (so long as it was legal), and somebody else wants to pay for it at an agreed upon price seem legit to me. As long as the seller sold the code in good faith (hadn't already used the code, wasn't selling an expired code, etc.) then whatever the purchaser chose to do with it is on the purchaser.

Further more, if the purchaser was unhappy with how the transaction turned out, for whatever reason, why didn't the purchaser just go back to the seller , explain the situation, and ask for their money back. I'm sure it wasn't a large sum and that given that the seller is a conscientious and understanding person, he would have gladly returned the money.

******* wearing whale parts; I carry a whale on my back everywhere I go. I'm alpha as ****.

While you may be alpha as ****, as you eloquently described it, from your lack of posts in the Random Exercise Thoughts Thread, you clearly lack the strength to carry out such a Herculean feat.

all his stuff is just replicated design of what can be had at a fraction of the price in dubai with much higher quality fabrics for example he uses blended wools but you can get enough high grade virgin wool for the kandoora at 25% of what his garments cost. i really see nothing that differentiates it in terms of design or quality etc
also not surprising rick would select thamanyah stuff as he's given his full backing, michelle worked with abdelrahman too ...
so a day after being robbed, the police emailed me, they apprehend the fellow and searched his place. no bag or glasses or headphones or passport (which i replaced anyway) but my computer and chargers and cables were all in his place ! he even spent a good deal of time cleaning my laptop so it looks quite new and white lol how unlikely it must have been to recover this stuff !
now i have an excuse to buy new glasses and a non-filson bag :D

Wow! Really glad that the whole thing turned out to be not so bad for you. Props to the cops.

Speaking of criminals:
This guy bought something from me on eBay and never paid. I did a search of his bidding history and saw that he's won 350+ items in the last 30 days. He's done this on a couple of other IDs before, too. I found his twitter and the idiot has several photos of "free eBay items" he got from sellers who mistakenly mailed him his order even though he's never paid for anything he's won. The dipshit even has a couple of videos of him opening these packages and has them titled something along the lines of "eBay item that I never even paid for!"
Gonna contact his local police and also speak with someone at USPS about opening a mail fraud investigation since this guy has built up his own case against himself so well.

Sounds like somebody might have a trip to "Federal-Pound-You-in-the-Ass-Prison".

How OCBD-y are the BB "dress shirt" oxford (that go by neck/sleeve size).
I want to up my oxford game but the sleeves are always too long when i size for my shoulders. :(

Not sure I understand your question. Are you talking about the fabric, the shape of the pattern, what exactly?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking to get a trench coat ready for winter (Although we could use it now in the UK :() any suggestions on what brands to look at that do a size xs? Hoping to get one in medium grey or beige.
Also has anyone ordered shirts off SF sponsor "ModernTailor"? they seem reasonably priced, just wondering what the quality is like

I have ordered from them twice and both times I think that the fabric quality is ****. The second time I went so far as to order the fabric swatch book so that I could feel what I would be purchasing before going forward. TBH, I'm not even sure if the shirt is made from the same fabric.

Maybe I just need to spend a lot more for the higher quality Sea Island cotton or Thomas Maison, but I'll think long and hard before I have another shirt made.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fabric.

I'm going to head there now and check so w/e.

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fabric.
I'm going to head there now and check so w/e.

The "Heritage" cloth is the really thick and heavy duty. I think it is very nice and am quite happy with mine. It is the fabric that I think of when I think of OCBDs.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not fashionz related. I'm reliving my childhood by buying all the final fantasy games I haven't played. Have 4,7,8,9,10,10-2 and I just ordered 12, crisis core and tactics. Any other good ones?

100 yrs

Reaction score
the recent non-sartorialist looks thread might be the worst thread on sf

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
while i understand that raf's influence as a designer has a wide reach, this is just a bit too much...

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

John Malkovitch has a clothing line.
O65Hz.jpg

pY42u.png

He's had a line since at least 2006, maybe 2005. I remember graphic tees, cardigans, and knits with wierd stitching patterns - sort of eccentric uncle, which, that season, at least, was the inspiration. I used to see him occasionally in Cambridge MA, where he has a residence, but never really found a reason to talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads