• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del-Toro

Reaction score
^ You're just finding out about this?

In other news, air travel sucks and it's 95 degrees where I'm headed. **** summer

Yes, I just found out I will not be able to see Hedi's YSL designs for a couple months. Did you have some knowledge of this? Got any pics? Didn't think so! :)).

But yes, I knew Pilati stepped down.

Last edited:

Del-Toro

Reaction score
Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Just saw Prometheus. As a huge Alien nerd I loved every second of it, but a little let down by the end. Anyone else feel a bit like doing the Michael Fassbender ubermensch look?

Prometheus-Michael-Fassbender-David.jpg

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I just found out I will not be able to see Hedi's YSL designs for a couple months. Did you have some knowledge of this? Got any pics? Didn't think so! :)).

But yes, I knew Pilati stepped down.

Yeah that sucks, something I was really looking forward to. I think they're just trying to hype it up but you've gotta wonder if that's a bad sign, like when they refuse to pre-screen a movie to critics before release.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ You're just finding out about this?

In other news, air travel sucks and it's 95 degrees where I'm headed. **** summer

I know that feel. About to get on a cab to get to the airport to fly to vegas.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I pretty much scroll over julien's and toasty's posts these days in addition to shah's.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eBay wanting its sellers to have 14-day return policies is such bullshit. Guy bought a shirt from me a couple of weeks ago (after trying to offer me half the price plus free shipping, of course). He got it on June 2, left positive feedback, and today, emails me to say that he wants to return the shirt because there's a "scent" that didn't come off after he washed it once. Never mind that I don't really wear cologne or smoke, so I'm not sure what this "scent" could be. But I pretty much have to refund him his money because he'll just file a claim with PayPal and they never side with the seller.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know where the scent came from.

He scent you his money.

And no amount of laundering will bring it back

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
he's worn and washed the shirt and now he's returning it? bullshit. **** ebay.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eBay wanting its sellers to have 14-day return policies is such bullshit. Guy bought a shirt from me a couple of weeks ago (after trying to offer me half the price plus free shipping, of course). He got it on June 2, left positive feedback, and today, emails me to say that he wants to return the shirt because there's a "scent" that didn't come off after he washed it once. Never mind that I don't really wear cologne or smoke, so I'm not sure what this "scent" could be. But I pretty much have to refund him his money because he'll just file a claim with PayPal and they never side with the seller.

Dude, fight it.

He already left you positive feedback, and he washed (which probably means wore) it.

I don't think they can (should) force you to accept a return unless it is in the EXACT condition it arrived in, whether or not that has anything to do with damage in the mail, item-not-as-described, etc.

By laundering it, he "voided the warranty," so to speak. Don't roll over!

Del-Toro

Reaction score

Not true. I recently sold something on Audiogon ( I know its not ebay but we did use Paypal) and the buyer sat on the machine for a couple days and then sent me an e-mail stating that he didn't want it so instead of communicating his concerns to me and trying to work something out he just sent the unit back to me without any warning. Long story short, I did bring a Paypal claim and they did side with me. It took a little bit of work on my part sending the notes and shipping info and proving the item was exactly as described and all that but my point is the buyer does not always win. You sold him something and he gave you favorable feedback. He washed the garment and decided he didn't want it. You don't need to do anything for him at this point. If you are okay doing the work I wouldn't let the buyer get away with it.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Wait ebay now requires a return policy?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just saw Prometheus. As a huge Alien nerd I loved every second of it, but a little let down by the end. Anyone else feel a bit like doing the Michael Fassbender ubermensch look?
Prometheus-Michael-Fassbender-David.jpg

No Eason, this is much more suitable.

rEJcL.jpg

edit- in before: where to kop dat print

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads