1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Damn I stopped drinking hard alcohol for two months went from being able to have 10+ drinks to being hammered with 5 and I felt like a pussy. I couldn't imagine drinking 3 and being hungover but then again I used to pull all night pretty regularly every weekend and still work. The days when you and all your homies were single now they all have girlfriends and shit. Or am I the only one?

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

What happened to the Random Food Thoughts thread?

I think the heavy drinking is an age thing, most just reached a point where it wasn't attractive any longer, in my case is was 19, but I'm european, so I started drinking at 15.

3. darryl20

darryl20 Member

this thread is making me thirsty. As for me, I stopped getting drunk at 25. Any older than that just makes you look like a loser. Everyone needs to grow up sometime.

4. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

1 beer and I'm drunk stopped about 8-9 years ago. Now when I go out to eat I see a lot I mean a lot of people older than me getting trashed must be a Massachusetts thing

5. skintight

skintight Senior member

I don't understand why drinking is considered cool because the stories that come out of it are neither cool nor funny they're mostly just stupid.
    IMO if you wouldn't do something sober then you probably shouldn't do it, and if you need liquid courage for some reason then you're probably just a coward and drinking doesn't really solve that problem.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

you sound like an asshole

14 people like this.
  7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I almost never drink (I don't really like the taste) but it's nice to get a bit buzzed sometimes. There's a difference between having a few drinks to loosen up and getting totally smashed. I would suspect most of the members here are past their drunken teenage years, but I could be wrong.

6 people like this.
  8. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Who wants to see pictures of Willy Cheesesteak eating a lot (a LOT) of hot dogs

27 people like this.
  9. djt00

djt00 Senior member

I used to go out and drink quite a lot. Like two or even three times in a week and never less than 10 drinks (Finnish way...). I'm just 5'6 tall and was rather skinny, but never did anything really stupid. Even hangovers weren't a big issue back then either.

In this year I've been drunk just once so far. A couple of beers with friends sometimes and that's all. Life is more boring when you don't drink, but in generally I feel way better, eat better and exercise much more.

10. djt00

djt00 Senior member

You've never had good drink? I bet you'd like some drinks. Not saying you should drink, but some alcohol tastes great. There's huge taste differences between beers for example. Having just a few drinks is way better for me :)

11. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

I'm a Louisianan so getting drunk at any age is the part of the culture. I often go 2-3 weeks without a drink but at weddings/parties/tailgates you can be assured I'm going to get hammered. Probably self-medicating (social anxiety), but people think it's normal here. I'm 30 now and have begun to experience the 2 day hangover consistently after these sessions. I think my body is trying to tell me something, I definitely need to get a handle (no pun intended) on the binge drinking. Maybe being honest about it on an anonymous internet forum will somehow help.

Anyway, random fashion thought: had to pay $200 to rent a tux for a wedding this weekend. It was more expensive because it was designer, that designer being Calvin Klein, which hardly counts. Pants had about a 15" rise and 10" hem, swallowing my tricker's brogues (I was the only one who refused to wear the patent leather shit that came with it). Made me think that I could have owned a decent CKC, barena, boglioli, etc. from yoox for about the same price. I can't think of a bigger rip-off in fashion than tux rentals, and unfortunately it's sometimes unavoidable

1 person likes this.
  12. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Yeah, I think most people grow out of the drink to get drunk phase in college or soon thereafter, but unwinding with a few drinks while chilling with friends is a great way to spend time. it also tastes really really good

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  13. jet

jet Senior member

If I had 10+ drinks a night it would cost 120 plus tip in LA and I'd probably be dead unless you guys are drinking virgin mojitos.

1 person likes this.
  14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I liked spiced rum and coke because it doesn't taste much like alcohol haha. I like very very small amounts of beer, but I can't really finish a whole bottle. I never drank as a teenager so I never really built a taste for it.

15. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

For me at least, drinking rum alone is pretty gross (well, maybe not dark rum). You'll always want to hide that ish in mixers. Whisk(e)y on the other hand..............

I just bought my first bottle of glenlivet 12 this week. It's really mild, a great intro scotch for non scotch people. Brad when you're feeling daring, I recommend it :nodding:

Last edited: May 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

no wonder you don't like alcohol. you're drinking swill.

17. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I just graduated from undergrad so the past weekend might be the last one of complete and utter disregard for my health... Spent well into the $100-200 in about 3 hours at an outdoor pool party/show sort of deal. Drugs and heavy drinking I'm cutting out, considering neither has done much good for my body. And considering I only smoke cigs when I'm (heavily) drinking (cliche I know, but at least I buy my own packs I guess instead of bumming them), probably another plus for stopping the binging.

I do like wine with dinner and stuff and just found a bottle I enjoy and am going to buy a case of, but I think overall I'd rather get back into really good shape than continue getting blacked out multiple times a week. All the Margiela and the LVCs that I love in my closet that either barely or almost fit will thank me. And probably so will my liver and kidneys

18. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I'll try it out. Thanks!

19. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Requesting mod action to move all drink related posts over to the "The In No Way Official SW&D Drink Thread".

2 people like this.
  20. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

drinking is fashionable. i'll talk about all the alcohol i want!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.