1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

Glad too see the inclusion of Plokhov's excellent work at Versace. It was a nice pairing: house signatures with a modern, wearable bent. After Plohkov, of course, Donatella promptly turned it back into garbage.

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Speaking of Dads, mine has gotten Alden shell loafers and some G&Gs when Barneys puts them on sale. Thing is he doesn't actually wear them, just bought them as he says he will wear eventually.

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nigel Cabourn. Leather tabs. And not too wide.
    I have a couple Fred Perry knit polos that have the Ban-Lon style rib at cuffs and hem. Good fit, if you don't mind the logo.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

I live for event tees.

5. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Plokhov and Versace seemed like such an odd pairing. I wasn't really paying much attention at the time, but looking back I guess it did kinda work, probably because Plokhov had a genuine influence, which is obvious when you look at the collections.

actually just bought two pairs of plokhov trousers. i really like the cut of his pants.

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Is the polka dot shirt the current trendy item that is most likely to look stupid in a few years?

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I have been intrigued by a couple of his leg-covering offerings. How would you rate mobility?

9. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I'd say some of the floral prints - I'm talking grandma's curtains and upholstery-level floral - will fall faster and harder than polka dots. Speaking of which, this should come in the mail tomorrow: [​IMG] :)

2 people like this.
  10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Do you guys actually see much floral around? I actually don't at all, like I'm the only dude around here that I've ever seen wear a floral shirt but I probably wear enough to make up for everyone. I see plenty more pindot/polka

11. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

I think it's about a +3 to dexterity and luck.

2 people like this.
  12. mensimageconsultant

Purple shorts with polka dots, even very small ones - sorry, wouldn't recommend . No way will that even become popular enough to be a "trend."

Meanwhile, many celebrities have been wearing polka dot shirts lately.

13. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

1 person likes this.
  14. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

turd

15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

pebble prints are def on their way OUT

1 person likes this.
  16. APK

APK Senior member

I can offer you a private, one-time analysis of this question and my findings, done entirely online for a low fee. You can use these findings for life transitions, like job changes and serious dating, or making everyday life more enjoyable. There's no reason to feel like a misfit, a slave, or a slob, and you don't have to work hard to get things right.

Depending on your lifestyle, budget, and other submitted information (like descriptions of clothing owned), I can give you handy written explanations on:

- Aspects of polka dot shirts that are good and those that should be corrected (often easy-to-fix pictured problems like wrong sizes and unflattering colors).
    - How to select polka dots that go best with your unique body type, facial features, personal coloring, and climate, the little things that make a big difference and reduce confusion.
    - How to combine polka dots for different situations and show of personality.
    - How polka dot shirts affect your personality, your relationships, and your life's successes.
    - Answers to specific questions of yours about personal appearance with relation to polka dot shirts.

29 people like this.
  17. DLester

DLester Senior member

It is weak only to recommend things that are "popular enough to be a trend."

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Yeah, I don't care.

Couldn't agree more.

Does James May and Liberty print count?

19. mensimageconsultant

The subtext was purple polka-dot shorts are not recommended because it probably won't look good on someone and that's why it won't become popular.

Interesting that someone wrote an article about polka dots in menswear. Generally it only works for shirts in neutral colors and/or underneath jackets and with the dots not very large. Of course it's not hard to do in ties and socks.

20. max_r

max_r Senior member

james may did floral shirts first.

speaking of, almost all high street shops where I live are selling floral shirts, but I can't actually recall anyone around here wearing them.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.