• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Still want a pair of the Zissous, stompin on those GATs

skintight

Reaction score
Funny that the huge discussion about wearable clothing vs. high fashion happened because I came here to post my random thought about how bored I am with fashion and how I'm looking through ssense and oki-ni and making mental notes like "boring. ugly. trite. mundane. uglier." as I browse.
Recently I've been doing some sketches of clothing ideas I've had and wish I could create because I'm so bored with what's available right now and can't find anything worth spending money on. I want to make my wardrobe more interesting because at the moment it's considerably mainstream compared to what I'm interested in, but I can't find anywhere to buy what I'm looking for that ships to Canada.
confused.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

someone girl just asked me if my sandals were tavas wtf is that
also, **** my state. can't get any vermouth now because of the liquor law transition. :fu:

what were they really?

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well have you seen the collections ? some are quite dickensian ...
as for the mismatching, i am drawn to it even more. a perversion of classic tailoring. un-formal attire ! although i was just seeing an article in vogue from several decades ago about this hah
write it anyway whenever that may be.

Haha, yeah i've seen most of his collections since he has a thread on SZ that he posts in (though i'm sure you know). Best thread in that horrible place. Dickensian is the right word for it -- i was still hoping you would say he designed the set. His clothes really strike that balance of wearability + vision, like antiradiation? (a bit iffy on that one even if it is purposeful logo whoring), and occupy paris . Too bad his runs are so exclusive -- I wish there was a way to feel the fabric he uses.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny that the huge discussion about wearable clothing vs. high fashion happened because I came here to post my random thought about how bored I am with fashion and how I'm looking through ssense and oki-ni and making mental notes like "boring. ugly. trite. mundane. uglier." as I browse.
Recently I've been doing some sketches of clothing ideas I've had and wish I could create because I'm so bored with what's available right now and can't find anything worth spending money on. I want to make my wardrobe more interesting because at the moment it's considerably mainstream compared to what I'm interested in, but I can't find anywhere to buy what I'm looking for that ships to Canada.
confused.gif

IMO, this is more of a problem with the way clothes are presented online than with the clothes themselves. I doubt much of that stuff is boring in person. For example, I didn't really like Dries at all until I handled a bit of his stuff, because looking at a static photo you'll never see the appeal.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I'm starting to feel more and more like skinny New Cures look stupid on me
confused.gif
. I might have to get a pair of new standards / 21 cms or something. Sometimes I think the switch from what I wore pre-internet clothing advice (flannel shirts, decently cut but cheap Guess jeans, Diesel GATs) wasn't an improvement.

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMO, this is more of a problem with the way clothes are presented online than with the clothes themselves.  I doubt much of that stuff is boring in person.  For example, I didn't really like Dries at all until I handled a bit of his stuff, because looking at a static photo you'll never see the appeal.

Oddly enough, I sometimes feel the opposite. I've become so acclimated to buying online that going into a store feels weird for me, and I don't appreciate the clothes as much. I think part of it may have to do with online stores having fit pics, which (even if they're terrible) give a sense of how the item looks worn/how it can be styled. I have a much harder time just seeing a garment on a hanger and imagining it on a body. Plus, I feel kind of overwhelmed in stores, especially larger one's like Barney's. There's just so much stuff, and you can't sort it like you can online.

But then again, actually feeling and handling the clothes does make some things much more interesting.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Umm do you not try on clothes in the store?

**** I missed my 5K poast

Last edited:

pigface

Reaction score
I think what is strange is that in some countries taking clothes back to the shop is the de rigueur but in other countries it is forbidden

Here in the UK I am sure people buy a new dress for a party wear it and then take it back the next day
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to soho while wearing my Korean dunks. Went into H&M, put together some knockoff gothninja fit with 2 layered drapey tanks and some slightly drop crotch sweats.

I then realized how silly this endeavour was and promptly left.

johanm

Reaction score

Oddly enough, I sometimes feel the opposite. I've become so acclimated to buying online that going into a store feels weird for me, and I don't appreciate the clothes as much. I think part of it may have to do with online stores having fit pics, which (even if they're terrible) give a sense of how the item looks worn/how it can be styled. I have a much harder time just seeing a garment on a hanger and imagining it on a body. Plus, I feel kind of overwhelmed in stores, especially larger one's like Barney's. There's just so much stuff, and you can't sort it like you can online.
But then again, actually feeling and handling the clothes does make some things much more interesting.

+1. You can think through your potential purchases more effectively online. Also I'm not fond of blowing a weekend day on shopping, particularly if the stuff you want is scattered over many stores all over town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics