1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skintight

skintight Senior member

its written as if those people are fashion-savvy tho but most of them are clueless

2. buran

buran Senior member

I like how much I don't like that toronto blog.

3. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

toronto's footwear game is hella weak

this dude is pretty cool though
    [​IMG]

but wtf is this shit
    [​IMG]

In other news, I really want to try out some leather-pants

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

I went to see Crystal Castles and Pictureplane last night. Most lit I've been at a show in a long time...and then one of the girls I went to the show with took my Ervell patterned cuff jacket and ran off with it, found her hours later at a bar still wearing it

5. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

They've been playing that a lot on IFC lately. Every time I see them wearing dungarees with wide leg opening I think about Zissou. Where is that dude?

CC is playing at the local HOB next week. The next night...Limp Bizkit!

6. habitant

habitant Senior member

That Toronto blog featuring semi celebrities is totally awful.. All those people look uncomfortable. Like they're playing dress-up.

7. Cole

Cole Senior member

lol post 78787^ also I got drunk off of my ass last night and grappled some dude who was sober and it was stupid. he had me in a choke hold pretty much the whole time but I kept my chin down and threw punches and knees to his back the whole time. he ended up giving up but I really shouldn't grapple while I'm drunk

8. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

so alpha.

16 people like this.
  9. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

I realized I like institches ;)

10. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Same. Plus they are telling my parents they need to be at the stadium by 7:30 AM for a noon commencement. "Airport-like security"

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Honestly, I have no fucking idea what sort of legit choke hold he had you in that you could throw punches and knees to his back. In any case, it really doesn't seem worth humblebragging about. Seriously.

3 people like this.
  12. LA Guy

In other, more fashion related topics - I just emailed Barbara Kruger asking her permission to make a tee shirt with her likeness and her "totally uncool jokers" work. On the off chance that she says yes, anyone recommend a good printer, or for that matter, anyone here have graphic design skills that supersede my ability to use MSPaint?

12 people like this.
  13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Does Uniqlo still make that stretch selvage denim? I can't seem to find it on their website.

14. LA Guy

Nothing special about most of the looks. It's just a mishmash of typical downtown hipster looks. Nothing offensive unless you are a "rules!" adherent, but nothing really that great either. Some of them probably have more to say than is captured in the lame little quotes, but it's unlikely. I read somewhere that you either could live like an artist, or be an artist, but that it's nearly impossible to do both. A lot of the most talented designers I've met have a uniform that looks vaguely cool, but would never catch a streetblogger's eye - like Tom Ford's suit with a shirt, or Giorgio Armani's tragically tight black tees and jeans.

1 person likes this.
  15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

PLEASE let this happen

16. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Use futura on a red box background and I'll buy one

17. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I'd be shocked if this wasn't already being sold.

18. LA Guy

I'd be shocked too. The difference is that we'd actually have permission, and that all the gross profits would actually go to her to to some charity of her choosing.

What is lame about Supreme is that they do something that has been done in street culture for a long ass time, appropriating exisiting IP and modifying it for their own use, and then they go and sue some other company for doing the same to them.

BTW, if anyone feels like appropriating our original, Roman Legion, color scheme ans typography, be my guest. I think that Affliction has already done that.

1 person likes this.
  19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.