• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While, I'm a big proponent of lifting heavy and not really caring about getting too big for clothing..
I can understand why people want to stay a certain size to fit into their clothing. I don't know why it doesn't make any sense to you. Seems pretty simple and common sense to me. Some people don't enjoy lifting as much as looking good in clothing. It is what it is and makes perfect sense.

Exactly. I have no desire to get larger than a 54/44 because not many designers make things larger than that.

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't even understand how this discussion occurred - people who are frequent participants in a forum about clothes made life decision to accommodate that interest.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a developer with a few friends working at Facebook, I think it's a pretty cool company and I very much respect Zuck's vision. I'm not really opposed to them tracking people across the web with 'Like' buttons and what-not - "if you're not paying for it, you're the product".

Vision? What vision? That all aspects of everyone's lives should be online so that it can all be sold for billions of dollars? That personal privacy is a thing of the past? No thank you. I suppose it is a cool company if they don't have to create much to make so much money.

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To make the world a more connected place. As a technologist I think it's an admirable vision - that Facebook sells ads is incidental to that. Mark himself is opposed to them, according to every source I have ever read or spoken to, and I don't think he's in it for the money either.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To make the world a more connected place. As a technologist I think it's an admirable vision - that Facebook sells ads is incidental to that. Mark himself is opposed to them, according to every source I have ever read or spoken to, and I don't think he's in it for the money either.

how'd the kool aid taste?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy ****, you actually believe this??

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
As a developer with a few friends working at Facebook, I think it's a pretty cool company and I very much respect Zuck's vision. I'm not really opposed to them tracking people across the web with 'Like' buttons and what-not - "if you're not paying for it, you're the product".

Vision? What vision? That all aspects of everyone's lives should be online so that it can all be sold for billions of dollars? That personal privacy is a thing of the past? No thank you. I suppose it is a cool company if they don't have to create much to make so much money.

the age of confession !

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you get a PM on sufu, do you get an email telling you? I PMd a guy about an item he's selling, but he hasn't been on in a few weeks it seems and I'm wondering if he won't even know until he logs back in.

ramp

Reaction score
There's probably some settings to change it, but I do get emails from sufu when someone PMs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads