• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mmm, I disagree. As much as such an outfit might have the same "shape" as, or basic elements of, a lounge-look, it's pretty clear that, in person, ****'s waaaay beyond sweatpants+t-shirt. The construction of those clothes—their fabric, their volume, the cut, the "flair"—practically bellows at you. Someone once mentioned this before in a conversation about goth-ninja/sheik-sarabande: whereas most aesthetics that focus on "slimming" the wearer's silhouette rely primarily on color-matching and patterns to construct an interesting look, a Rick- or Damir- or Julius(?)-look is going to leave everything (mostly) monochrome, focusing instead on fabric and eccentricity as the locus of the fit's attitude. In other words, it looks way ******* cooler than a t-shirt and sweatpants, and it's really, really noticeable.

Last edited:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ehh idk if I'd throw Julius in there, totally different IMO.

I do agree most of what you're saying though. I love the silhouette and it's harder (but not impossible) to create it with most other brands.

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy it as well and agree with both of you, I'm just saying that the Rick luxe-loungewear stuff looks very similar to a sweatpant and tee to most people

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kopped a kurta and some kulfi dessert :)

wearing it now;feels good man.

will incorporate it into a f/w wardrobe tho, not s/s

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i will paypal someone $10 if they can find me a pair of pants that are:

elasticized waist
look like real pants, not sweatpants
slim
lightweight cotton/wool/interesting fabric
not ugly
under $200

and I like. seriously.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

kopped a kurta and some kulfi dessert :)

wearing it now;feels good man.

will incorporate it into a f/w wardrobe tho, not s/s

but this is really calling for a s/s fit , la famiglia della kurta
Smiley_Tiny_Drinking_Coffee.gif

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i will paypal someone $10 if they can find me a pair of pants that are:
elasticized waist
look like real pants, not sweatpants
slim
lightweight cotton/wool/interesting fabric
not ugly
under $200
and I like. seriously.

Yoox. PayPal me $10, pm please

I've given it some thought but anyone consider becoming a personal shopper via setting up a blog/webpage of sorts and producing some consulting for interested people? I purchased the Photoshop suite 2 months ago and still yet to install the package. Need to get my alternative stream of income flowing ASAP.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just look at my RP in thread and let me know. I've gotten several PMs.
I'll know personally this Tuesday when the shipment arrives.

FWIW, I searched through Yoox past couple of days and found a lot of worthwhile purchases of trousers and jackets around the $200 mark. I was pleasantly surprised, but did get "burned out" and bored (It got so easy)

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
toj slim trousers!! theyve got an elasticized waistband.
schneider, kva. more and more designers are doing it so you'll find a pair eventually.

shah, i dont think ill wear it out on its own. ive always intended to layer my siki im top over the kurta.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't you pretty much just describe the ToJ trousers? You might not have the build for the 6.5 in leg opening or whatever it is though.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yoox. PayPal me $10, pm please
I've given it some thought but anyone consider becoming a personal shopper via setting up a blog/webpage of sorts and producing some consulting for interested people? I purchased the Photoshop suite 2 months ago and still yet to install the package. Need to get my alternative stream of income flowing ASAP.

a few ppl have pm'd(at least 8 or more) me to ask advice on their purchases and what/where to buy/look for suitable items that will mesh with their style.
friends/family recommended me doing this too. lets hook it up toasty! :slayer:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

shah, i dont think ill wear it out on its own. ive always intended to layer my siki im top over the kurta.

yeah i don't think it's a good idea to do that. but spring layering can be done ! i have an idea...watch this space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads