• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for a nice, thick, white oxford in the 80$ range? Nojcrewkthx

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
should I go TTS or size up on uniqlo skinny tapered?

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I know a lot of guys on here have a lot of knowledge when it comes to designers and I was hoping people could name some brands that fit slim or would be worth me looking at with my frame. To give you a brief idea of the look I’m going for 3 of my favourite posters are Artishard, Snowman & Synthese.

I'm a little smaller than you even and there have been some 44s even I don't fit, so you should have no trouble finding stuff. The best thing to do is to get measurements of yourself, so get a friend to help and work out what your Pit-to-pit, shoulder-to-shoulder, natural waist, hip, and inseam measure and it will make ordering online much easier. As far as designers I'm not familiar enough with those posters to really recommend something.

IDH

Reaction score
Urthwhyte - good to hear that certain places make sizes to fit guys like us, and I already have all of the measurements you suggested, as I have ordered 3 jackets from TOJ. Just looking to expand my options a bit....

Thanks for the replies KingJulien & istasi - I'm going to try and look for some Japanese brands now, any suggestions would be appreciated :satisfied:

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Urthwhyte - good to hear that certain places make sizes to fit guys like us, and I already have all of the measurements you suggested, as I have ordered 3 jackets from TOJ. Just looking to expand my options a bit....
Thanks for the replies KingJulien & istasi - I'm going to try and look for some Japanese brands now, any suggestions would be appreciated :satisfied:

I'd suggest just browsing around popular retailers like Ssense, ForwardForward, TheCorner, MrPorter, Yoox, Luisaviaroma, Tresbien, LN-CC, Oki-ni. They often have measurements listed for pieces so you can figure out what kinda stuff will fit you. Most of them also have good return policies so even if you mis-size, not a big deal.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

should I go TTS or size up on uniqlo skinny tapered?

TTS on all except the black- Size down one on them since they run a bit larger than the rest (my TTS black T000s are still wearable, just a bit looser than my other pairs).

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't look exclusively at Japanese designers, even if they are cut plenty small. I personally enjoy Julius, but if you like the ToJ aesthetic looking into minimal Western designers like Raf Simmons, Helmut Lang, Jil Sander, or maybe even Alexander Plohkov for something edgier but still tailored could be worthwhile. Then again, could snow and artishard be considered Antwerp Six fanboys? Maybe I'm offbase

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
read sig hahah
Haha yea. Iunno, it's hard to recommend stuff to someone saying "I'd like to wear more designer stuff". My interests have always come from looking through all the collections as they come out, having my curiosity piqued and learning more before buying. Every time I skip that process I end up with purchases I later regret

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the WAYWT thread recently there has been a lot of helpful advice given to Knucks on how to find clothes that fit him, I was hoping to get advice for the exact opposite reasons to him – Most clothes are too big for me.
I’m 5ft10 and around 130lb’s – chest is 34” with a 28” waist. As you can tell I’m really skinny – but looking to get into more designer brands. I’ve had my eye on a few items recently but haven’t pulled the trigger as I’m worried they’ll be too big and I’ll lose out on shipping/return fees.
I know a lot of guys on here have a lot of knowledge when it comes to designers and I was hoping people could name some brands that fit slim or would be worth me looking at with my frame. To give you a brief idea of the look I’m going for 3 of my favourite posters are Artishard, Snowman & Synthese.
I’m not looking for people to recommend specific pieces – I’m just looking for suggestions of designers that do very small sizes. And before someone suggest eating more and joining the gym – I’ve tried it – And my body really struggles to digest the amount of calories I need to gain weight, so it’s not really a healthy option....

A lot of posters have already covered a good amount but honestly your best bet is to B&S stalk members who are the same size as you. There's a lot of people in the XS/44-46 sizing, more so on superfuture B&S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads