• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FH6TJ.png

George Lucas gonna sue somebody. (0)

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought that was two chains in the asap video for a second...

what was that cutoff sweater he has? i know ive seen it somewhere :paranoia:

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i watched the "behind the scenes" for the making of the video and alexander wang provided a lot of the clothing, might be worth checking it out snowman.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Derek is a good dude and def not an idiot but he is very chill (and possibly high) quite often.

Hope I didn't suggest along the way that he's not a cool guy, by the way. I often find that when people sit down to write they take on this persona that isn't really them. Most people would write better if they just acted like they were talking to a friend rather than writing for an audience.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that dude's got a lot going on grammatically, and when his tone irons out, it'll be smooth and pleasant sailing...

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hope I didn't suggest along the way that he's not a cool guy, by the way. I often find that when people sit down to write they take on this persona that isn't really them. Most people would write better if they just acted like they were talking to a friend rather than writing for an audience.

Exacto, I know Derek as well and hes a chill dude, definitely doesn't talk like he writes.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ditching the BoO blazer I just bought and going another direction. materials and construction were great, but the cut, I finally decided, was just not ideal. too bad.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah likewise, no ad hominem intent in what i said, just a generalised and rather bad-tempered gripe against fashion blog inanity. and you're right, if one is not used to writing it can be all too easy to fit in with a generic form because you think that's what's appropriate, so who knows.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a dark Kurt Cobain twist to his look, especially with the choices of hair, facial hair and Jackie O glasses.

I really like that Ann asymmetric bomber.

tumblr_m3dqswiUfE1qm2e7zo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thought that was two chains in the asap video for a second...
what was that cutoff sweater he has? i know ive seen it somewhere :paranoia:

I think its givenchy, saw this awhile ago on tumblr
tumblr_m2dwuehwCu1qzye45o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thought that was two chains in the asap video for a second.

2Chainz did a concert here a few weeks ago. My buddy DJ'ed the after party. Two people got shot outside. :facepalm:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hahaha 2 chainz and his fake trap music

my neighbor who works for Kanye said that he is taking him under his wing now though, and he wants to make trap like the next big top 40 thing

I feel like it's a little late for that, no?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hahaha 2 chainz and his fake trap music
my neighbor who works for Kanye said that he is taking him under his wing now though, and he wants to make trap like the next big top 40 thing
I feel like it's a little late for that, no?

Maybe, but 2Chainz has certainly garnered more mainstream attention in the last six months than I would've thought possible, especially for a guy who's been putzing around with Ludacris for a decade. I guess it speaks to the power of re-branding.

I actually don't mind him compared to some of the other rappers we've been told we're supposed to like, especially when he's just doing guest spots.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads