Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Zero Halliburton is in the other 10%.

Like this? http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/MAISON...warrivalsmen80

man, it looks so much weaker with the YKK's. Being that the jacket's focal point is the huge zippers that make the 'M' shape, it needs the biggest, baddest zippers it can get, and those little #8 YKK's don't cut it.
    I really want a white MMM, but not one with YKK's..

2. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

man, it looks so much weaker with the YKK's. Being that the jacket's focal point is the huge zippers that make the 'M' shape, it needs the biggest, baddest zippers it can get, and those little #8 YKK's don't cut it.
    I really want a white MMM, but not one with YKK's..

yeah, those little zippers aren't cuttin it for me, much prefer the big guys I saw on your black one

3. impolyt_one

Double Riders are really trendy right now - probably on the crest - and bombers are riding the 80's trend. Not sure where that is on the hype scale right now. I remember that around 2001, if something had a ribbed waistband... man, no way that was going to fly with anyone under 60, but you wouldn' know that after the past few years. Harrington's were very cool er... 2007 or so. Motos and cafe racers were all over the place a couple of years ago too. Things just come in phases. Unless you are really involved in analyzing trends, people tend to get caught up in the zeitgeist without ever really realizing it. I like motos because they have a nice, streamlined shape, and the band collar makes my long ass neck look more balanced.

true, the DRs are huge right now and we're seeing this return to classical leather styles rather than the organic/stylized leathers that have dominated recently (and still do here and on sufu), but I think Bombers with the fur collars have a bunch of potential right now, since we are on the cusp of a military revival (again) in the mainstream, except everybody is sick of M65's so we are gonna see other stuff come back. I had that in mind and I have the feeling the A2s with fur will be BIG, they were already in Japan just recently and I think they probably still have life left in them there as well.

The good thing about the 3 classic styles of leathers, cafe racer/Moto, DR, and A2 Bomber (plus the belted Belstaff to a lesser extent) is that they come back in cycles much faster than other styles of clothing. I remember being intensely attracted to black cafe racers with long wrist zips way back in like 1995 or something, but being in high school I really had no use for a piece of clothing like that.

4. DLester

DLester Senior member

I may be in the minority but that MMM looks great to me, although I have seen more flattering photos of it elsewhere. Yoox photos can be off sometimes. The zippers look like the right size to me IRL on the black version of that jacket. I would love to see the white in person.

5. connor

connor Senior member

Gotta agree with you, guy's got zero swagger and poses like a virgin.

But damn, you talk a hella lot of trash, considering.

dgaf, man

6. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Senior member

arms akimbo is gonna look like a goober

Gotta agree with you, guy's got zero swagger and poses like a virgin.

But damn, you talk a hella lot of trash, considering.

lol trolls

7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

but I think Bombers with the fur collars have a bunch of potential right now, since we are on the cusp of a military revival (again) in the mainstream, except everybody is sick of M65's so we are gonna see other stuff come back. I had that in mind and I have the feeling the A2s with fur will be BIG, they were already in Japan just recently and I think they probably still have life left in them there as well.
    NOMA Leather Jacket by Eugene Kan, November 23, 2009 [​IMG] The NOMA leather jacket for this season takes its inspiration from vintage flight jackets, re-created in a vivid blue finish. The jacket also features a removable shearling collar and two-in-one pockets with both vertical button and diagonal slash enclosures. Available now at doo-bop. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

i like that color a lot,

one of the ms. has a mike&chris bag in a similar tone thats pretty dope

9. impolyt_one

NOMA Leather Jacket

by Eugene Kan, November 23, 2009

[​IMG]
    The NOMA leather jacket for this season takes its inspiration from vintage flight jackets, re-created in a vivid blue finish. The jacket also features a removable shearling collar and two-in-one pockets with both vertical button and diagonal slash enclosures. Available now at doo-bop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tell BEAR JEW I just sent his TOJ Bomber, so it'll be there this week; when you see it in person, you will realize how silly it makes this blue jacket look, lol....

10. robin

robin Senior member

Needles had a nice purple leather bomber jacket last season.

11. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Tell BEAR JEW I just sent his TOJ Bomber, so it'll be there this week; when you see it in person, you will realize how silly it makes this blue jacket look, lol....
    Will do, lol. I would have ordered more ToJ too but needz to stack funds first.[​IMG] Got a nifty idea for the MA-1 though.[​IMG]

12. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Senior member

I just got my Jil pants from Gilt and they're really great. But someone missed out and has made a very generous offer. However, I feel like black wool trousers are a good thing to have around (have no other wool trousers), even if I wouldn't wear them much, and I'd be hard-pressed to get this kind of deal again. But I could use the money for sure. Should I keep the pants because they're quality and good to have or flip them and get back to copping strong?

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

can I wear toj???

14. snake

snake Senior member

I just got my Jil pants from Gilt and they're really great. But someone missed out and has made a very generous offer. However, I feel like black wool trousers are a good thing to have around (have no other wool trousers), even if I wouldn't wear them much, and I'd be hard-pressed to get this kind of deal again. But I could use the money for sure. Should I keep the pants because they're quality and good to have or flip them and get back to copping strong?
    I have a pair of r&b black trousers that I really like but only seem to wear them once in a blue moon. I've thought about putting them up on b&s but then I think how versatile black trousers are and how much of a pain it would be to have to find one similar to it on short notice. I'd say keep it if you really love it.

15. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I just got my Jil pants from Gilt and they're really great. But someone missed out and has made a very generous offer. However, I feel like black wool trousers are a good thing to have around (have no other wool trousers), even if I wouldn't wear them much, and I'd be hard-pressed to get this kind of deal again. But I could use the money for sure.

Should I keep the pants because they're quality and good to have or flip them and get back to copping strong?

I buy pants like that and never get around to wearing them because I don't have the right shoes. It depends if they actually fit with what you have (or are planning to buy). If you're not gonna get any use out of them, might as well sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.