1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Well-Known Member

You have to be an incredibly small person to feel that judging people is part of growing up.

2. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

People do not live in isolation, apart from the environment and other individuals. "Just ignore it" seems naïve.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  3. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

sup reedo

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  4. WhiteFox

I'm not telling telling you to live alone, I'm telling you to mind your own fucking business. I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of women...

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

the truth comes out

5 people like this.
  6. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Uh, I don't give a shit what people wear and I 100% wear worse things (style wise) every single day. I'm wondering what the point of wearing a shirt that says COMME DES FUCKDOWN in big, bold print at a private conservative liberal arts university when you're interacting with professors, professionals, the daily horde of children who come to visit the campus art museum...literally name anyone there. This isn't a fashion party or an art opening or some shit. It's called context, and I'm glad you're championing the whole "wear whatever you want express urself lol" movement or whatever the fuck point you're trying to get at (which I'm going to point out that, whatever it is, it's really stupid because you managed to completely misunderstand the meaning of my post), but let me ask you: what does wearing something like that in the environment I describe actually do? This is a southern school where 90% of the population is tryhard trad/prep, and the only thing a black sweatshirt with a big FUCK on it accomplishes is shock value. Doesn't do anything else. It's ultimately just cheap and unoriginal.

8 people like this.
  7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

welcome to comme des fuckdown

4 people like this.
  8. WhiteFox

No, what you have managed to do is over-analyze the situation and impose your personal beliefs on everyone else. Like I said, mind your own fucking business. The upside is that you get to wear what YOU want. And everyone else gets to wear what THEY want. The downside is that you have to stop acting like Hitler. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

"let me just tell this professor to 'CALM THE FUCK DOWN'"

PERSONAL EXPRESSION, YEAH!

10. g transistor

Oh my god dude, if talking to us is like talking to women, trying to have a conversation with you is like talking to a giant pile of dog shit

10 people like this.
  11. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Wow g trans sounds like you need to comme des fuck down :foo::foo:

White fox why are you trying to start shit over an anecdote? You're no fun.

sweatshirt / kid sounds dumb but if you've never said fuck in class / to a professor you should probably give it a shot.

9 people like this.
  12. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Can you explain how g transistor imposed his personal beliefs on this kid via this Internet message board, and how this is in some way worse or different from the aforementioned dude imposing his own personal beliefs on everyone he encounters through his lame sweatshirt? Have you considered the idea of fashion as a vehicle for schizotypal behaviour? Do you still have a Korn poster over your bed?

1 person likes this.
  13. g transistor

^^Oh I definitely have. And it's not a big deal because I generally know these professors or the mood is light enough to do these things, but I don't go "Let me get a FUCKING 6 inch meatball sub" to that sandwich artist at subway, but it sounds like I should give it a shot
    This is my favorite [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Stop judging Hitler!!!! You have to be an incredibly small person to feel that judging people is part of growing up.

7 people like this.
  15. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Not that i'd wear something like that but..I've seen equally and more offensive shirt prints on college campuses. Im sure it's not doing anything good for his presentation though.

Edit:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

What the fuck?

7 people like this.
  17. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

From another thread:

4 people like this.
  18. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

It likely was his business.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  19. WhiteFox

I never judged, I simply made a comparison to a famous dictator. Judging someone implies that I made an opinion or decision about him/her.

20. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

What is happening in this thread and how can it stop

13 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.