1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

The people that I always think look coolest are the ones who put stuff together in a way you wouldn't expect and still works. And in my experience, they're mixing stuff from all over the place, not just stuff from one "aesthetic" or whatever, and not just high-end pieces either.

I don't really have a problem with sweating, and even though anti-perspirant hasn't been definitively linked to anything, the idea of using a product that keeps me from sweating feels unnecessary and even weirds me out a little.

1 person likes this.
  3. abracadabra

abracadabra Senior member

those grosgrain placket shirts are all over the place in japan and korea. i have one from beams that i bought last year.

4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Where and how much ab?

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

First of all, I absolutely agree with you.

I recently put together a grungy version of what might be a "Rick" out fit for someone using some very classic menswear/#menswear pieces. There was a grey Brunello Cucinelli down vest involved, um, some Drkshdw carrot leg jeans, some painted over Buttero hightops (actually, that was a really cool DIY project), a Dries van Noten skinny belt from last season, and a few tees layered - taupe longsleeve over a maroon thermal that was another DIY project - I think that it was a Buzz Rickson thermal, but it might have been Studio D'Artisan or something similar. An old but very classic menswear grey flannel shirt from Luciano Barbera was washed, wringed out and let dry thtat way, and tied at the waist. Sort of all in the melding of colors, textures, and proportions. I could have used most of the same pieces to do a sort of "generically handsome man" look, incidentally.

Also, I belt that a repp tie could be used in a Rick outfit. I could see it being overdyed and made into an double-O ring belt, for example

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Ad retargeting:

Look at jawnz once, then they follow you around for the rest of your internet-browsing life

1 person likes this.
  7. Teger

Teger Senior member

tried one of the CKC hidden placket shirts from yoox, ordered an XL.

i can't imagine who fits these shirts well. big in the neck and waist, but tight in the chest and arms, with big shoulders. what?

8. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Mine doesn't fit like that at all (it's a L)... tiny bit tight in the neck, spot on in the chest, arms and shoulders, and could maybe come in a tiny bit in the waist but still tighter than, say Uniqlo slim fit - sounds like maybe you got a factory reject or something? I think we're generally the same chest size too.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

I think I'm a size bigger than you - I'm a 41 chest with a big back. I think the XL is a 17" neck. I think L would work well everywhere but biceps, where it'd be skin tight.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

it's not a mystery. people are just shaped differently, even if they're technically the same size. that's why I generally don't bother asking for sizing advice on stuff.

1 person likes this.
  11. Teger

Teger Senior member

i've yet to meet someone with tiny arms, big shoulders, a huge neck, a tiny chest and a big waist. is this mystery man you

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The sizing probably fits the typical size 42-43, who has probably a narrower back, and has significantly more of a gut. If you are a size 38 or 40, and pretty average shape (um, me), stuff generally fits you. If you are a larger size, but not fat, your options can be considerably more limited.

1 person likes this.
  13. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Why not just buy a few good fragrances then?

14. bows1

bows1 Senior member

CKC L fit me perfectly so I dunno the issue Teg's.

15. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

There's a couple of fabrics that yoox stocks, I think. I have an L in the thinner fabric that's really too small, and I tried an XL in a different fabric that was too big.

16. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

also there's a good chance the sizing is just inconsistent from item to item. i got a blazer from gilt that fit huge compared to the one I have from yoox

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  17. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

3 people like this.
  18. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

cool rug story bro

19. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

ahahahha daiki in uggs

[​IMG]

also, milsurp m65 gang.