1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gong

gong Senior member

uhh, i bought my pair back around january or so and they're waxed. they're the newer t-000s.

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

instead of grading quizzes from a bunch of idiot students im listening to madonna's like a prayer over and over :foo:

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

i want a thread where it's just thousands of pictures of mafoofan's face, circling each other endlessly in a beautiful symphony of neurotic asian faces.

:foo::foo::foo::foo::foo:

4. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Need a good smelling deodorant (not anti-perspirant). Didn't find good info elsewhere. Any recs?

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Baxter of California and Malin Goetz are good choices IMO. Also alcohol and aluminum free (if that matters to you).

ETA: if any SF people are gonna be at the Ryan Leslie show at Slim's on the 2nd, I'll be there

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  6. sipang

sipang Senior member

I tried Aesop and there's no going back. Combine with merino tees for optimal performance. Pretty much spent the whole month of August in the same unwashed tshirt (packed sweltering commute, bike rides etc) #no grimy. Couldn't believe how well that thing worked. It does have a particular smell though, best to try it first since it's kinda expensive (the tiny bottle lasted me 6 months, not bad).

1 person likes this.
  7. Teger

Teger Senior member

ive always used $2 deodorant, never had an issue. for skin stuff i like kiehls and malin + goetz though. mario bodescu is good too.

8. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I don't necessarily need high performance. I've never had an issue with the cheap stuff's functionality. But most of it smells cheap too. I spent 20 minutes at the store the other day smelling everything and didnt like any of it. i don't wear any other scent so it would be nice if my deodorant smelled good. Will check all those out. Keep recs coming if there's something you really like.

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

This would help explain your post in WAYWT

1 person likes this.
  10. istasi

istasi Senior member

feel like I'm trying to go in too many directions with my wardrobe

want to consolidate and hone in on an aesthetic more but I like all of my disparate shit

got a case of the #reedos

2 people like this.
  11. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

i like 'earth science' lichen something or other. there's a scented one that's nice or an unscented (that actually works).

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I really like the Aesop deodorant as well thought I will agree with Sipang that it has a very unique smell. Very heavy then light then heavy at the end. I like it though and do not use it too often. I actually used my Baxter deodorant more (need to buy another) that has a much lighter, citrus smell. They are both good IMO. I like the Aesop because it is sprayed on, 1 good pump is enough for me. However, most these days I am not even wearing deodorant. Have some old cologne that also sees very little wear. FWIW the Aesop can stand alone as a cologne IMO. It really can turn heads and people are surprised at the smell. It smells of the East.

13. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I use waleda rose. Pretty sure its for women. But I like the smell and it does a good job of managing my stank.

It also is certified by a variety of boards and organizations insisting it will not give me sarcoid :foo:

14. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

Re: Buzz Bissinger: what a sad way to spend 500k. One would think Hermes, with its croc coats and riding crops, would be more fetish-appropriate.

15. snake

snake Senior member

Aesop is good. I've used weleda sage before and it was irreplaceable during my back packing trips through Europe. Relatively inexpensive too.

1 person likes this.
  16. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Tried sage too, but just loved the smell of rose more

Sage was great though,. Certainly more traditionally masculine.

This problem solved itself now that I pretty much have to wear slacks + shirt + tie

17. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

The Aesop spray was a hassle for me sometimes I sprayed twice thinking I missed a spot....and the smell does not mix in well with the Florida heat and sweat, after the gym my odor was like a combo of sweat and cheap cologne, MissDB9 couldn't stand it either so had to go back to rotation of Malin + Goetz Eucalyptus (this has a nice faint clean scent) and Mens Science, those I recommend to anyone

18. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

oh man, i havent been here in quite a while, ever since i had to replace my car that got totaled. i thought i was free but i was checking the marketplace for some new sneakers and now i think im getting suuucked back iiiiiiiiiinnnn

whats the cool new sf uniform i can buy for internet approval

19. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Word to mens science, have never used a more efficient deodorant. i prefer that its unscented, just use my cologne.

20. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

You need to appreciate a aesthetic without buying into it. Oftentimes you need to force yourself to do so. I love Needles EG etc. and would probably look pretty okay if that's all I wore. But I've chosen my aesthetic (dumpster diving nomad spaceman apparently) so that's what I'm going to stick to, at least until something better shows up.. At some point you need to settle down and unless you have infinite guap and ungodly styling ability it's the only thing you can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.