• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^saw that, not quite what looking for thanks how's sizing for 41" chest want oversize fit.

Thanks fuj I think a topman just opened in LA.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking at some helmut lang

I'm not colorful enough like Jet, anymore suggestions?

I browsed through Nordstrom Rack under 5min and left with a smug

It's 85+ in the bay area today and i cannot imagine surviving without shorts + a jersey tank.
Every SA mentioned the beach today when i talked to them while in my frees sockless and tank top + short shorts

Last edited:

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for jet (and PP)

sorry for the noobizor-level joaks lawl

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah re the s2a side zips, I have the black ones in a size 9 if anyone wants them. I bought them from bird pretty heavily on sale, i think I payed 150 or 130? dunno. they are too small for me and the leather is pretty cheap. nice shape though, i was pissed that they didn't fit, if they had I'd just keep them as beaters because they're pretty cool looking and the low quality leather isn't necessarily a deal breaker for met these days.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Primark $3 tanks of peace. Topman makes loads of weird patterned colourful tanks.

How is Topman's T quality? I know it'll be low end, but it's better than H&M, right?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what makes the S2A leather feel/look cheap? At retail they're priced similarly to brands like PS, F+B, CP, etc so it's odd to me that their materials would fall short like that.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Got 4 tanks thanks fuj.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is Topman's T quality? I know it'll be low end, but it's better than H&M, right?

I'd say better then H&M. They have a range from like $12 to $30 the $30 ones are much nicer.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From American Rag:

Rm3QU.png

Repaired chinos in tan from Rag & Bone. These straight leg cotton trousers feature coffee stains throughout, dark brown reinforced stitching, and a four pocket design. Has belt loops and a button fly fastening.

And yet, I think I'd still be pissed if I spilled my coffee on them

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeans with raw hems. Thoughts?

I've got a pair of jeans that I, foolishly, had a friend hem for me (first pair of raw denim that I ever bought; didn't "get" what the deal was about stacks), and I really hate the fact that 1) a bit too much got chopped off the end for me to let the hem out a bit more (in order to lengthen the inseam, which I find a bit too short now), and 2) the only thread that she had doesn't totally match the thread throughout the rest of the jean. It looks kinda ****** if you look close enough.

So as a solution, I was thinking of just ripping out the threads and letting the jeans have a raw hem—anyone seen this done before (and done so that it looks good)?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just curious, what makes the S2A leather feel/look cheap? At retail they're priced similarly to brands like PS, F+B, CP, etc so it's odd to me that their materials would fall short like that.

Just a guess but CP, F+B, and PS tend to specialize in footwear, S2A not as much.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just realized that Caseyfud looks like a nerdier version of my girlfriends X boyfriend that thought he could beat me up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads